MTN Electronics: LEDs - Batteries - Lights - Chargers - Hosts - Drivers - Components - 1-Stop-US Source

See it? I can close my eyes and feel the lumens warm my face. :bigsmile:

I'll get some pictures for you guys soon. The one I'm using now doesn't have a "pretty" machined piece, since it was my test piece and I was sanding it and changing it to get all of the dimensions correct before getting the production run done on the rest of the pieces.

10,000 lumens and production run. Oh Yeah BAAAABY!

So No Uv LEDs?

Sorry, I forgot to get back to you. I already have some on order.

Ooooh! Awesome! So I can do the one stop shop!

365NM or close I hope! Gotta cure that Norland!

...there are a few other new things that are on the way.

I just ordered a few Sinkpads, and will also be carrying some XHP50 and XHP70 emitters, bare and mounted.

Sinkpads:

• 20mm XHP70 6V - Copper
  • 20mm XHP70 12V (might be nice for automotive or interior lighting use---or a mega 4S flashlight ) - Copper
  • 20mm XHP50 12V (same as above!) - Copper
  • 10mm XM - Copper
  • 10mm XP - Copper
  • 20mm Color XM-L RGBW - Aluminum

She insisted there were two variations, 12V and 6V, but I don’t think so. They’re the same. Even the datasheet they sent out this morning indicates it’s one and the same board. Crazy.

Let me know ASAP when you get some XHP50’s in, I can wait on 70’s but need a few of those as well. :slight_smile:

Yeah I’m also very interested in the XHP50’s. Hopefully they are closer to the neutral tint range

I also asked them about this, and they kept saying that there are indeed two versions. Looking at the MCPCB picture it looks like the same PCB is configurable for either 6V or 12V, but I'll have to wait to see how they actually work.

For the XHP50 in the 6V configuration, an XM MCPCB will work. For that one you only need a special MCPCB for 12V.

Hi RMM,

I noticed that you guys don’t carry IMR 18650’s. Are there any plans to start?

Thanks!

mfruit, did you see this one? Efest IMR18650 35A

I’ve got lots of these, my favorite cell. :slight_smile:

Enova, 2600mAh

Ah, thanks for the link!

There’s no mention of IMR chemistry in the description (though it’s visible in the pic) so I guess that’s why a search came up empty. :slight_smile:

I have a lot of the Efest Purple 35A.

I am not familiar with how the Enova performs.

What cells, specifically, are you referring to? There aren't many, if any, recent high drain cells from the mainline quality manufacturers (Panasonic/Sanyo, Samsung, LG) that prominently display themselves as using IMR chemistry. Those cells have given way to the modern "hybrid" chemistry cells, such as the Samsung INR18650-20R/25R.

It is just my personal opinion, but I feel that any of the cells produced by the "big" manufacturers has undergone the testing and engineering necessary, along with the appropriate manufacturing quality controls, to ensure consistent quality and safety features.

No matter what, any "high drain" cell is potentially dangerous due to the large amounts of energy contained in them and its rate of release. That said, we often plug and unplug devices from AC mains lines every day, which is also potentially dangerous.

Hi RMM,

The Efest purple IMR 18650s that DBCstm linked to are fine. I’ve using Efest red IMR 18650s right now.

It’s just that I did a search for “IMR 18650” on the site and nothing came up. I didn’t realize that sometimes the chemistry of the batteries aren’t in the title or description.

Thanks!

You have my attention!

It will easily do over 10,000 with all XP-L, but I think that the XP-G2s are really what make it more versatile. I think that 12x XP-L would make the light too floody.

Have you guys looked at Cree’s suggested wiring for 12v? SinkPAD is dodging a bullet by using their signature “world’s longest and skinniest LED traces” technique. The configuration is selected by either solder jumpers (6v config) or a 1206 sized zero-ohm jumper. The 12v config must involve ~40mm of tiny traces! :frowning:

Come to think of it, the 6v configuration really eliminates very little of the long skinny trace. Either configuration will involve long skinny traces.