MTN Electronics: LEDs - Batteries - Lights - Chargers - Hosts - Drivers - Components - 1-Stop-US Source

Not for the S2/S6. The new S2s are a different design now, but I will be getting copper spacers in the future for the newer lights. For 'sane' drive levels (6A) the aluminum is just as good. The copper does offer a small advantage for some of the crazy direct drive triple XP-Ls though.

I didn’t know they changed the S2. Pill a different depth?

I liked the copper due to being able to solder to the pill.

The new S2 no longer has a removable pill. Same as the S3. It is an integral shelf.

do the KK 26700 cells fit in an xtar vp2?

Yes: http://lygte-info.dk/review/Review%20Charger%20Xtar%20VP2%20UK.html

Any plans to get 1A or 2A XP-L’s?

I will be getting some of the cooler XP-Ls as they become available. I'm not sure yet what the exact tint bins will be.

Alright you got me I had to order the XinTD, it just looks like such a nice light I couldn't wait for the xpg2. You can go ahead and restock on the XinTD xpg2's any day now and I'll still buy one of those as well! Had to get another p60 drop in too, the other one I got was so much nicer than the one I've been using, pulls way more amps, ect... Quality stuff man keep it comming! Fingers crossed for fast shipping!

I just tested your light and it will go out tomorrow morning. Thanks!

DrJones has an awesome new firmware he's writing for me. He's a smart guy and has implemented a couple of features into the driver that I didn't think would be possible.

DrJones has been hard at work and has come up with what I think is a rather ingenious user programmable firmware. The user can choose between 22 mode groups, and can set their own turbo timer length (if one is desired). By design, it is hard to accidentally enter the programming mode, but the modes can be locked in by soldering Star 2 to ground. The driver uses "off-time" memory with the external 1uF capacitor.

Mode groups (7135 based drivers) and programming instructions:

Optional guppydrv Univeral Firmware

This firmware allows the ultimate in user customizability, with 22 built-in mode groups, that the user can select via a series of button presses and a user programmable turbo timer (see below for instructions).

User Selectable Groups:

1. 2% - 25% - 100% | Memory
  2. 100% - 25% - 2% | No Memory
  3. 2% - 25% - 100% - Strobe - Beacon | Memory
  4. 2% - 25% - 100% - Strobe - Beacon | No Memory
  5. 15% - 100% | Memory
  6. 100% - 15% | No Memory
  7. 100% Only
  8. 100% - Strobe | No Memory
  9. Strobe - 100% | No Memory
  10. ML - 5% - 33% - 100% | Memory
  11. 100% - 33% - 5% - ML | No Memory
  12. ML - 5% - 33% - 100% - Strobe - Beacon | Memory
  13. ML - 5% - 33% - 100% - Strobe - Beacon | No Memory
  14. ML - 100% | No Memory
  15. 100% - ML | No Memory
  16. ML - 100% | Memory
  17. ML - 5% - 15% - 50% - 100% | Memory
  18. ML - 5% - 15% - 50% - 100% | No Memory
  19. 100% - 50% - 15% - 5% - ML | No Memory
  20. 100% - 50% - 15% - 5% - ML | Memory
  21. 2% - 15% - 50% - 100% | Memory
  22. 2% - 15% - 50% - 100% | No Memory

Guppydrv Instructions

To switch mode groups: rapidly tap the switch 8 times, the light will then enter the programming mode and begin to flash. With the light in programming mode, tap the switch the same number of times as your desired mode group. The light will blink and your mode group will be memorized.

Example: To select mode group 3, tap the switch 8 times quickly to enter programming mode. As soon as the light enters programming mode and begins to flash, tap the switch three times. The light will blink to recognize the mode group change.

To set the turbo timer: rapidly tap the switch 8 times, the light will then enter the programming mode and begin to flash. With the light in programming mode, tap the switch 30 times to enter the turbo timer set mode. The light will then switch to 100% power. When the light is at the desired temperature for the turbo step down, turn the light off. The turbo timer will then be set.

To lock the mode groups: Solder Star 2 to ground. The other stars have no function with this firmware.

Is this going to be exclusive to you?

Very nice. Can’t fit short cycle memory right?

What is short cycle memory?

As far as I know, yes.

Heck yea that's awesome

Now that looks cool!!!

It’s on Dr. Jones’ other drivers. When the memory resets, it goes to mode 1 (usually low/moonlight) and restarts the cycle. This is not the same as normal memory that just continues the cycle from the last memorized mode.

Nail a star to pin it down. :wink:

The ultimate answer to virtually every preference. That said, dozens will chime in with options that aren’t listed. :smiley:

Nice Work Dr. Jones! Must’ve been an epic feat of programming, that!

I am still wondering where he got such a powerful tiny hydraulic ram to compress all that he does into the attiny13a.

There's a maximum of 32 mode groups... :)

BTW, the blinking when entering the programming mode is actually a battery indicator. Let it blink until it stops by itself, the number of blinks indicates the battery voltage (without load), one blink for every 0.1V above 3.0V, so 12 blinks is full, 3-4 blinks is quite empty.