MTN Electronics: LEDs - Batteries - Lights - Chargers - Hosts - Drivers - Components - 1-Stop-US Source

Can your LD-29 be cranked up to ~3 or 4 amps? If so, how. .015 sense res.?
Thank you!

Does anyone have a closeup of the spring side of RMM’s Moonlight driver?
I, uh, melted a tiny little thing off it — I think it was a resistor, flat rectangle, bridging a spot on the board to the ground ring.
The item was just clockwise from the solder option point numbered “2”
I say it was.

Took too much heat getting the driver grounded to the pill and when I looked, that bit was gone.

Driver still works with a white emitter; it blew up an amber XPE for me though.

RMM’s next add on service: Superglue components to the driver.

It's a 0805 1uF X7R capacitor. You should be able to solder it back on if you still have it.

Hi Richard, have you developed a solution for zener diode’s parasitic drain?

No zener drain at all when the circuit isn’t complete. Usually easy enough but in those cases that loosening the battery tube is inadequate many times a mechanical switch can be placed for lockout. I’ve got lockout switches on my Courui’s, and on the big Olight SR90 now too.

Just a shout out for the EVVA 5200mah 26650 from MTN Electronics.

Had them on the Opus 3100 (v2.1) overnight at the 2A/1A setting and they reported 5350mah.
I know this is relative to the charger but overall, I am very pleased with this capacity.

Loosing tailcap is an easy solution but in some flashlights it’s not easy.

Short back story so everyone is on the same page……

I placed an order….(A)

Then realized I forgot a couple things.

Another order (B)

Both these had custom things in them, so I knew it would be a few days before they were ready.

Several days later, I received notice some things I was waiting for where back in stock.

Another order……© Nothing custom in this one.

RMM noticed, and combined them into one shipment.
And refunded the difference for the shipping. 8)

That’s taking care of your customers!

Thanks Richard, I wish more shops shared your commitment to going that extra mile when you didn’t really have to.
Its very much appreciated.

Jim

Yes, for momentary setups the hot solution is to use an LDO. You can see it on the 22mm board, and I also have 17mm and 20mm boards that use an LDO. I've got them in hand and they have been tested, but haven't listed them yet.

Can I have a couple:-)
Can I replace old zeners witg LDOs, without any hard of software change?

No firmware change. If you are using existing drivers, then just buy a suitable LDO and air wire it on there. If you want it to surface mount, then you need a new board.

Great news.
These?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/10Pcs-AMS1117-3-3-LM1117-3-3V-1A-SOT-223-Voltage-Regulator-/130750978645?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e715d9a55

That’s pretty much my standard ordering procedure. I think Richard just shelves my order for a day or two, knowing I’m going to be adding to it before he can even get it boxed up. :slight_smile:

I think Lisa used to take it as a challenge, see if she could have my order filled and packaged and out the door before I added to it. :stuck_out_tongue: She’s FAST! Richard ain’t no slouch, but lawyer’s bill by the minute… Lisa is really quick on the draw to hogtie your parts and send em your way.

I mentioned above that I, um, lost a little component off a Moonlight driver while trying to make a solder ground to a pill.
Tiny little thing. It’s probably in a solder glob somewhere on the workbench or shed floor …

I just recalled I bought two of those drivers, so here’s a picture

The green box drawn on the picture indicates the piece that I need to replace.
Imgur

No markings on it.

look in post 4663

Thanks RMM.

I’ll see if the local electronics place has them, odds are they do
(Al Lasher’s in Berkeley, if anyone’s curious; not much online but a placeholder, but a wonderful place to get lost in …)

Just an FYI, I am now relocating that capacitor now because a few people have dislocated it, and it can get in the way of some of the retaining rings. I am putting it on the back side directly on the MCU, until these PCBs run out, then I'm going to relocate it on the board.

For those of you who aren't on the newsletter, here's an excerpt from today's newsletter:

1. XTAR + Battery Rebate Sale

Want to get the best deal possible on your next XTAR charger and battery purchase? Look no further! We are bringing back our XTAR + Battery Rebate Sale for a limited time.

How does it work? Simply place your order for any of the qualifying XTAR chargers (see below for product list and rebate amounts) along with any in-stock battery, and place your order! You receive a rebate, in the form of a refund, when your order ships. No coupon code necessary. Simply place your order, and the refund will be automatically applied.

You may receive a rebate up to the amount of batteries and chargers in your order. Here are a few examples:

• Example 1: Buy an XTAR VC4, which has an $8 rebate, along with $10 worth of batteries, and you will receive an $8 rebate when your order ships. Since the amount of batteries exceeds the rebate amount, you will receive the full rebate.
  • Example 2: Buy an XTAR VC4, which has an $8 rebate, along with $5 worth of batteries, and you will receive a $5 rebate when your order ships. Since the amount of batteries is less than the rebate amount, you will receive a rebate equal to the cost of the batteries purchased.

The rebates amounts are as follows:

When does the rebate period end? In order to qualify for the rebate, your order must be placed no later than Tuesday, May 5th, at 11:59 PM PST.