MTN Electronics: LEDs - Batteries - Lights - Chargers - Hosts - Drivers - Components - 1-Stop-US Source

post 4799 :)

Richard,

Any plans to get more X6 hosts?

I'm not planning on it. It was a fiasco getting all of the parts last time and I'd rather not deal with that again.

hank, i posted my reply in your amber lights thread, just so we don’t derail RMM’s thread more with this, i hope that is OK.

Ok, no worries Richard. I’ll check back after the move. Thanks for the update.

When I read “CREE XP-E2 Green (wavelength range: 520-535nm)”

(looked for this at Cree and didn’t find it)

Is that the variability of the peak wavelength emission (with tails above and below the peak out to some range in a ‘bell curve’)?
(I recall reading that Cree and others don’t promise an exact wavelength and buyers get a mixture unless you pay much more to purchase a binned, matched set of emitters)

Or is that the entire range of light emitted between the low and high end of the whole emission curve with a peak somewhere in between?

(I’m interested in the low end as some green emitters definitely overlap into the range of wavelengths that regulate sleep — somewhere in the 440-500nm range, approximately
— but that’s a very new area of science, there’s no clear cutoff wavelength, there’s a wide range of individual variation as well as difference among measurements reported in research papers)

Does this help?

http://www.cree.com/sitecore%20modules/web/~/media/Files/Cree/LED%20Components%20and%20Modules/XLamp/Data%20and%20Binning/XLampXPE2.pdf

There is a spectral distribution graph on page 7, but not sure how accurate it is.

According to the data I’ve seen, the green LED has a peak at 528nm, with distribution between 520 and 535nm.

http://www.digikey.com/en/articles/techzone/2011/sep/decoding-led-bin-labels

http://www.cree.com/~/media/Files/Cree/LED%20Components%20and%20Modules/XLamp/XLamp%20Application%20Notes/LED_color_mixing.pdf

But I digress, again. Enough to know they’re pretty variable and I know RMM pays attention to what he sells, which is reassuring (and quite, quite rare).

Hey guys, we're back up and running again. The move was much more time consuming and much harder than I though it would be (especially with two kids now!) and so I have fallen way behind on e-mails, messages, etc. I'm trying to work through them as fast as I can, but when your unread message count hits triple digits you know you're in trouble!

Shiiiiiiiit

+1 on the request (hoping for one stop shopping) :slight_smile:

cree part number
XPEPHR-L1-0000-00901 (its the higher of the two photo reds)

You’re probably still unpacking stuff.

S2+ 18350 and C8 hosts?

Still showing out-of-stock. Must be popular. I was just looking for (another) one also.

I’m clicking the C8 host page every 5 minutes as well. You sorry dogs better not buy them out before I snag a couple. :slight_smile:

Easy tiger, I just need one of each

LOL Unintentional pun.

“sorry dogs” != “pilotdog68”

:slight_smile:

Bruno says, "relax guys, there's plenty for everyone."

Any plans to stock XM-L2 U4 1A tint leds? They are starting to show up… Thanks! :slight_smile:

Now that my order is placed, I figured I’d let you other schmucks know they’re back in-stock now :wink: