MTN Electronics: LEDs - Batteries - Lights - Chargers - Hosts - Drivers - Components - 1-Stop-US Source

It looks really good from your pictures. Being blacked out makes it look really slick and finished of, to me anyway.

I’m guessing this will be sold as a finished light? Any chance of a how-to writeup for those of us who like to roll our own? :smiley:
I already have an M6 that I bought from you a while ago that I’d like to try this on.

One thing I’m wondering since I haven’t seen an M43 in-person, will 4 of the triple optics fit in the head of an M6 like that? I thought the M43’s head diameter was much larger - I guess that’s just in my mind.

I’m wondering more how you keep it from melting itself with high current.

Did he mention why he doesn’t want to go back to the separated pill design?

Just speculating and NOT speaking on behalf of RMM or Convoy, but cost of manufacturing likely. It would take more machining and requires more parts (1 vs 2) with a separate pill.

JMO, though.

Hi David. The SMO reflector in the latest C8 is not that hefty/wide at the bottom. I did not measure it, but I believe its around 11-12mm wide. I tested by taking out the led spacer and having the reflector directly on the mcpcb, all clears nicely. Should you still worry about possible shorting you might think about adding some Kapton tape over the positive pad on the mcpcb.

By the way, I could sort out my spacing issue by just making use of a 2mm black o-ring - easier than I thought, and it looks as if the o-ring came with the light. I’ve measured around 113kcd with a XP-L Hi V3, doing around 5 amps…

Edit: The measurement were taken at 2.8 meters with a LX1330B.

You've got direct drive triples, right? Well, this is just four of those, but also four batteries. The M6 driver PCB is also quite large, and there are four FETs driving this thing.

Okay, thanks. It was mostly the driver I was wondering about, and the four FETs explain how you got it to handle four times as much current. :slight_smile:

RMM
Just to let you know. These LED Spacers fit the oddball big holed Convoy C8 reflector perfectly in case people need them. I just used one today because I didn’t feel like prying the old one that was stuck to the stock 4C that I removed.

9.8x2.3mm XM LED plastic insulation fixed position positioner for CREE XHP-50 XM-L XM-L2 5x5mm chip LED”:http://www.aliexpress.com/item/9-8x2-3mm-XM-LED-plastic-insulation-fixed-position-positioner-for-CREE-XHP-50-XM-L/32386466573.html

Sweet. Now that I'm not in Washington anymore I can actually order stuff from Aliexpress! The whole time I was there I couldn't order anything.

What? That’s odd! :~

Glad you can order from AliExpress now! :party:

With some further tweaking and measuring now at 6.2m I’m getting 133kcd [729m] :). Not bad…

Aliexpress was being censored where you used to live?

AliExpress's escrow service requires a tax and license in Washington State. AliExpress/AliPay refused to get a license.

RMM

Randar has several different LED centering rings/gaskets.

Maybe this might replace the 8 point hole XP rings you are missing. Too bad they are white instead of clear.
10PCS\LOT 8.4x1.5mm XP LED plastic insulation fixed position positioner for CREE XP-E XP-G XP-E2 XP-G2 XP-L 3.45x3.45mm chip LED

This ring for the 6.8mm Nichia UV LED might work for the 7mm XHP70 without too much if any work. There isn’t any XHP70 rings available out there so this might be the only option and you’d also have to open the reflector to match the rings OD. Having a round hole might be a good thing since the XHP70 substrate gets hot and only the corners will touch the ring. I remember Old Lumens melting some rings in one of his XHP70 triples.
13.9x1.2mm UV LED plastic insulation fixed position positioner for NICHIA 365 6.8x6.8mm UV led

Hey guys, so here's the story: With my last Convoy shipment, I received an extra package along with a very panicked e-mail stating that I had been shipped one package in error. The cost of shipping back the package was very high, so I decided to help Simon out and purchase the package, which contained some things that I don't stock.

Tomorrow I will be posting a full list of items on the website. Pricing will be competitive. Here is a general list of what to expect:

• BD01 Flashlight
  • BD04 Flashlight
  • S3 flashlights in various tints and output levels
  • S2 flashlights in various tints and output levels
  • S2+ flashlights in various tints and output levels
  • S3 Host (new style with integrated shelf)
  • Some batteries:
    • LG Purple 3200mAh 18650
    • Sanyo UR18650ZY 18650
    • Sanyo/Panasonic NCR18650BF 18650
    • Samsung ICR18650-26F 16850
  • Some other odds and ends.

I was wondering what to buy while I wait to be gotten back to on a car part…mystery solved. I might have to take one of those BD04’s off your hands, Richard. (provided it really does charge through the tailcap safely)

The Convoy BD04 is a nice zoomie. I did a review on its ThorFire cousin and was impressed by its quality. Simon thought it was a nice enough host for the new Convoy UV flashlight with a 365nm Nichia . I think we all now know why he no longer sells the Convoy S2 with the Chinese UV LED. I just hope the Blue S2+will have a Nichia UV option on top of the multiple XM-L2 tints. DID YOU HEAR THAT SIMON? :wink:

Richard are you restocking Efest 16340 v2 anytime soon? Only other place I can find them is eBay and more expensive.