MTN Electronics: LEDs - Batteries - Lights - Chargers - Hosts - Drivers - Components - 1-Stop-US Source

Thnx Richard! Ordered some stuff. :bigsmile:

2 of those fet drivers, convoy c8 and a xp-l HI and some more. Can’t wait to start building.

Any idea why putting a silicone thermal cube in the driver cavity seems to consistently kill the MTN-MAX drivers I’ve used? If I don’t use them all is well. 2S 5.5A setup.

That's a good question. I wonder if the LED actually transfers more heat down into the driver. I haven't used any cubes in mine. I'm sure that they can be fixed for a few bucks since it is probably the FET or buck IC that is dead.

That’s great news, I think I have 3 dead ones.

With the new lights coming gotta have more driver options, thanks Rich.

sent a request via mail (since Austria is no shipping option :frowning: )

I think I found a leak.

I found “PROMOTIONAL SALE - FET + 7135 Driver - 17mm - MTN-17DDm - A6 Firmware”

on sale at Mtn El. $0 the kicker is 0 in stock. but it looks like Richard is looking to release some of these.

Or did I miss the sale? :slight_smile:

There was only a certain amount put up for sale, fifty I think. It appears that they have all been sold.

Go to the 1st post (the/your OP) then click on “click to subscribe” at the bottom of the 1st post.

Jim

You missed them. They sold out today and the sale was ending tonight anyways.

It sounds like I got my order in for 49 just in time.

Lisa will have fun packing your 49 and my 31. I think that girl graduated from the Kai Domain school of packaging. The bubble wrap will be wrapped in bubble wrap. :smiley:

posting to subscribe to the thread :slight_smile: Cheers

You guys are gonna have the McD kids on a slave labor line building drivers, at this rate!

Big thanks to Lisa again !

and RMM looking into Zener that driver :wink:

I emailed to suggest this (mentioned the idea earlier in the thread, decided what the heck)

Might as well see if anyone else has comments. It’s a S2+ retaining ring notched to fit over Qlite (8+4) driver.
The whole driver has to turn with the ring — only one full turn or less of the threads is actually engaged, so the wires could probably be “de-twisted” so they’d come out right.

Wondering if I’ve got this grounded right or going to blow up if I power it …… I’m pretty sure it clears the stars as the underside of the retainer is narrow (tapered)

Picture won’t appear in the post with the usual link, no idea why.

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Here you go.

Looks great, and I have taken to leaving wires long enough to allow for reflashing the driver anyway. Pretwisting them the opposite direction would not be a problem, great idea Hank.

Seems to me it ought to be feasible to make a template — like that I did with the file but cleaner — and use it as a stencil, and cut out a batch of those little retaining rings to fit the standard drivers. Hope someone does. Maybe that’s the kind of thing that water jet cutting would be good for.

Hey Richard, Any information about re-stock of the XP-L Hi V3 2B or 1C ?

Thanks!
AlexGT