MTN Electronics: LEDs - Batteries - Lights - Chargers - Hosts - Drivers - Components - 1-Stop-US Source

What pwm frequency does the new “Star” firmware run at?

Also, any chance of having a mode lock function on the new firmware in the future? That’s pretty much my only need, as I don’t mind fixed modes, I just need a mode lock.

I can’t speak for everyone, but I don’t mind paying extra for firmware. If it was up to me, I would pay even more, as I know how hard it is to flash the little buggers! Very nice option you are offering!

Great pic Comfy!

Im a real fan of the 2B.

That's a reeeeally short exposure pic and shows some stuff that isn't obvious to the naked eye. You can see the XTE (bottom left) is making lots less light than the XPG2s, and also the blue/purple center of the 1A (top center). I've seen that before on dedomed LEDs where the phosphor has been damaged, but that one is still intact. The 2B doesn't have that purple in it.

It is, you have his PayPal info, send more money.

Problem solved.

18.75kHz, just like NLITE.

I don't think I'll do the mode lock. Why not get a light with the tail switch and an electronic side switch? I should have a program done for those one of these days too.

Also, regarding the mode lock: Why not just do no memory and have the light always start in high? That way it will always start in the highest mode but there's no fiddling around with strange button press sequences to lock and unlock to switch to other modes.

AFAIK mode lock is for signaling.

Mode lock is to be able to send morse code or whatever pre-arranged signal one desires…without changing the modes on the light.

Got mine today and its perfect to have around when on the go and there is no room for a DMM.

When I was placing my order there were 2 available. I didn’t want to be inconsiderate and get both. I could use another one. Are you expecting more to come in?

Also is there an equivalent product for measuring amps you might offer? Something small and inexpensive. I don’t even know if anyone makes such a thing.

LOL!

Just noticed the STAR firmware, utterly awesome. Now to figure out what modes to order…

Edit: removed mode question. sorry, didn’t mean to hijack the thread.

Yes, I have a bunch more coming in, they sold out fast. As far as the ammeter, I actually have never looked for one since the $5 DMM does all I need. A smaller version may be nice but since I have to use fat leads anyways I figured it's not such a big deal.

Can this little Mini Volt Meter be connected to a Li Ion charger to show the volts in a battery while charging? Like the VP1?

I think you are referring to the mini volt meter? In that case, yes. It will slow down the charging by a negligible amount, but as DBCStm pointed out earlier in the thread, on a lot of chargers once termination has been reached the meter will begin to drain the batteries in the charger if you don't remove them.

Thank you sir. Is it a simple hook up to a charger?

Yes, it is a two wire hookup.

Like this, perhaps ? :wink:

Xtar Pocket USB output Detector-Analyzer (Displays V and mA)

• Voltage: 4.5V->6.0V
  • Current: 0A->2.5A

Recently released under the unlikely “VI01” moniker… :slight_smile:

Here is a sneak preview of this handy digital voltmeter/ammeter, plugged into Xtar top-of-the-line VP2 charger :

More official info here :

http://www.xtarlight.com/05-chanpin/p-001-1.asp?styleid=299&style=

Cheers,

__philippe

That doesn't show the voltage of the batteries while charging, it shows the voltage and amp draw of the USB output (from 4.5V to 6.0V).

Also, ___philippe you seem to be a little too keen on the Xtar products, if you know what I mean (every single one of your posts has a link to an Xtar product or Xtar store.) Do you work for Xtar or for that European shop that sells Xtar?

No connection whatsoever with Xtar or any of their dealer, European or otherwise, I do assure you.

Just happen to appreciate the remarkable quality of their products, specifically their Li-ion chargers,
of a caliber not so common to come by, nowadays, among a sea of indifferent competitors' products.

Thought you were an Xtar dealer yourself, aren't you ? :)

Cheers,

__philippe

PS
BTW, since this is your thread and you may feel I trespassed, just say the word and I'll pull the offending post.

I wouldn't call it offensive. It's shilling when people don't make their associations with a company clear, but otherwise we generally appreciate it when representatives join our community.

I am. It is just uncommon to see someone with so few posts be so enthusiastic about one line of products. I apologize if I offended you, but we get a lot of spammers on the forum and we'd like to weed them out quickly if possible.

Quote (Leafeye): "I wouldn't call it offensive. It's shilling when people don't make their associations with a company clear, but otherwise we generally appreciate it when representatives join our community." (emphasis added)

That is also how I feel. I don't mind helpful posts or links to good prices on products, etc. as long as I know who you are.