MTN Electronics: LEDs - Batteries - Lights - Chargers - Hosts - Drivers - Components - 1-Stop-US Source

Understood, thanks. :slight_smile:

Really nice work on the light Comfychair. That’s one heck of a squeeze job.

RMM, Do you sell UCL lenses?

I don’t know if anyone but them sells them, it would be nice if they’d supply Richard, make it that much easier to do one-stop shopping!

Edit: They claim to be the only place to get the UCL, or by an authorized reseller…so they’re open to supplying their lenses to Richard for resale, YAY! :slight_smile:

I've been pm'ing a lot with Chris lately at FFL. If you are interested in other sizes, he told me for glass UCL, he hasn't done any custom or different sizes in years, but UCLp's he can do in just about any size you want. Only thing I'm not sure of is if you can spec the thickness. Just an fyi, I had a CNQ AR lens on my SupFire M6, replaced with a UCLp and got a 2.2% increase, which isn't bad considering it's doing about 3,400 lumens. When I first installed the CNQ AR lens, I couldn't even measure a difference at first, maybe a little bump, but probably about 1%-2%. Usually I don't see dramatic differences, but the quality of the UCL and UCLp is superb. The AR lenses from CNQ I got come in with a haze on them - they have to be cleaned, while the UCL's are perfect, very well packed. I requested a size for the Yezl Y3, and he had it up the next day basically. Prices are a little high on these compared to our China/HK sources of course. Not to knock RIC's AR lenses, but the Shocker AR lens was a true nice bump - forgot the #'s, but it was significant, maybe over 5%.

Would be nice if Richard and Chris could hook up. Dunno - quality AR lens sourcing seems tough. O-L a while back was looking into making them, but guess it didn't pan out. There is certainly a great disparity in quality out there.

I contacted them yesterday, they are from my neck of the woods (Riverton, Utah)! I hope that we can work something out.

I hope that works out as well. Gradually filling the backseat and trunk with all the best flashlight modding equipment available. Now if you only were to start touring the US you could do a “coming soon to a town near you!” special. :slight_smile:

Hooray! RMM for President of the Flashlight Modding Suppliers Organization! LOL

I think he’s already President of MORF (Modding Our Regular Flashlights) and has been nominated for Vice President at PLEASEMEII (Pushing Lights to Extreme Arbitrary Supernova Emissions for Mentally Exasperated Illuminary Illustrialists)

I honestly don’t know where he finds the time, being the originator of the SSSP movement. Busy busy man!

I don't know either. I have talked to him on the phone once so I know he at least isn't a robot...i think...

You guys are silly! I'm just a flashlight enthusiast law student businessman tinkerer familyman.

Oh, and I didn't invent the SSSP...that was Comfy's creation, I just gave it the silly acronym.

Two of your four activities (law student & familyman), Richard, should be consuming 123.24% of your time! Been there, done that and lived (raggedly) to (an old age) to tell about it.

Been awaiting return of availability of the above light. Any lights at the end of that parts-supply tunnel?

Glide Free!

Burgh, they are, which is why the S3 isn't currently available. I have the parts, but I just don't have time to build more right now and I don't want the wait to exceed 1-2 weeks for those who purchase the light.

I'm not too old yet but my grey hairs have doubled over the past 1.5 years, thanks in no small part to law school.

… is worth waiting for.

I’ll just get in line!

Should become available again in a few days, I'm almost caught up.

As a side note, the S3 has been fairly durable. I have a customer here in the Seattle area that uses these lights more in a month than most of us will probably ever use them. He bought an 5.8A S3 about two months ago and has been using it in the rain and sometimes for several hours at a time out at night walking his dogs. He has killed a few TR-J18s and a TR-J12 in less than a month's time. He reported back to me saying how impressed he has been with this light compared to his other "budget" lights.

Any chance of you stocking the tub of 63/37 soldering paste from FT? It’s good stuff that is pretty popular.

http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10003546/1261003-chips-repair-tool-soldering-paste-grease

Oh, P.S. Looking forward to those new efest purple 18350’s. I hope they blow the red AW’s out of the water…

If you’re gonna stock solder paste, I’d like to get some of the stuff in a syringe as well.

new possible triple host : http://www.banggood.com/EAGLE-EYE-X2-CREE-XM-L2-U2-3C-600-Lumens-LED-Flashlight-18650-p-919198.html

That host looks almost the same as the Convoy S2+.

It looks identical to my S2. It is about one centimeter shorter than my S2. The clicky switch takes a firmer push on the S2 than on the S2. It’s a good light, with a great pocketable size.