MTN Electronics: LEDs - Batteries - Lights - Chargers - Hosts - Drivers - Components - 1-Stop-US Source

May the one with the fastest sniping script win.

great, the cells arrived today. now to figure out which light it should be used for…
is the m6 or the securitying brighter?

They are virtually identical (Mod 2). Stock the M6 is brighter than the Securitying.

Also, the new purple Efest 18350 are available.

73 available right now……………probably enough for the both of us. :bigsmile:
Now I’m just waiting on some protected King Kong’s. 0:)

but i thought i remember reading that someone tested their securitying to be about 5000 lumens at start.
and the m6 is only 4000 lumens. so im assuming its both right about the 4000 mark?

how do these purple efest compare vs the aw imr 18350s?

The two Mod 2 lights are using virtually identical components (LEDs, wire, driver, FET) so the output will be virtually identical. Any difference will be due to varying degrees of resistance through the different bodies and connections and the amount of thermal sag experienced.

I have not tested the new purple Efests at all, hope to get to it soon. I will test direct drive to XM-L2 on copper and MT-G2 on copper vs. the regular 800mAh Efest 18350s.

I just ordered a few of the 18350 Purple cells from you, I’ll run em through my little bad boy and see how they fare against the AW IMR18350.

The AW put out over 11A! (For 8 seconds.) This is a triple XP-G2 with FET driver on 1” of copper in an L2m shorty. I bout fell out when I saw that number on the DMM, but of course it was very fleeting, the monster triple pulled it down very fast, it dimmed then went out at 8 seconds, pretty much like a bull rider hitting the dirt.

Edit: Sorry, bad memory…the AW did 10.69A all right, and after a few tests I discovered the spring on my MCClicky had softened, as well as the internal one (Tested the 35A at way high numbers, thought I was gonna blow my DMM and probably would have pretty quick, over 15A) Waiting now for a new Tofty 10A+ switch before going back to the top end cells. :slight_smile:

The one’s that dimmed and died were IMR14250’s from Efest. Yes, 14250 cells gave 3.65A for 8-12 seconds and dropped the ball. (had to check notes to get all this right. :stuck_out_tongue: )

Order Additions or Other Changes

In order to provide fast, accurate, and efficient service to you, we will no longer make changes to or add items onto your existing order.

If you need to change your order, please notify us and we will cancel your existing order. You can then place a new order. This will move you to the back of the order queue.

Sounds like someone is causing poblems! J)

Sounds like its time to get a couple of these guys, locate a Lumens Factory IMR-9 incan drop-in and melt my shoes all in the name of 100CRI :bigsmile:

It looks like we may have a winner for high amp 18350s. Please note that my 800mAh Efest 18350s are not new and probably have at least a dozen cycles on them so this may not be a valid comparison.

Both sets of cells were fresh off the same charger.

XM-L2 U2 1A Dedomed on Noctigon - Direct Drive

18350 V2: 4.54A
18350 PURPLE: 6.52A

MT-G2 P0 Dedomed on Noctigon - Direct Drive

18350 V2: 5.62A
18350 PURPLE: 9.51A

No idea what the actual capacity difference between the two is but the initial numbers look like the AW cells may have some close competition, at a much more attractive price point. If the 800mAh vs. 700mAh capacity numbers are representative of capacity, then the regular Efest IMR 18350 may be better still for lights that aren't of the fire breathing dragon type. We'll have to wait until HKJ gets some for a review to know for sure.

I may have to swap out a zener modded FET driver into my C12 now with some of these cells even though it doesn't make any sense at all to do so! 30 seconds of blinding light and it will be pretty toasty. Maybe I should leave good enough alone, it is a great light at 4.5A but 9A is very tempting indeed.

Sure would be nice to have AW competition, with easy and quick ordering capabilities coming from you. :wink:
The mailman seems to be a direct link from your place to mine, I think they’re installing a hard line so they can just start stuff sliding this way as it’s a pretty continual supply these days. :slight_smile:
I’m really gonna have to stack the impulse buys and buy from you once or twice a month, this every other day stuff is costing me in shipping! :stuck_out_tongue:
I’ll run the Purple 18350’s through my triple and see how they handle it, there’s a lot higher drain rate through it than any single emitter. Will let ya know what I see there if you don’t beat me to it.

thats insane!
what cells are the v2’s

The V2’s are Efest IMR18350’s with an 800mAh rated capacity. They do a pretty nice job in their own right, but of course we’re all about maximum’s here. :wink:

As you may have noticed, we now carry virtually the entire line of Arctic Silver products, with lower prices to boot.

Thanks for the continued support.

The 16340’s are in too! :party:

After testing to my satisfaction over the past few weeks I am now making available off-time memory for the qlite and FET line of drivers! This makes mode switching much more intuitive for those who are not flashaholics, with one button press always changing modes.

Check it out on the website or grab your own 1uF capacitor (X7R recommended for temperature stability) and the firmware from JonnyC's site and flash your own!

I got my SupFire M6 today from Richard. Packed nice, everything is perfect. So of course that wasn’t good enough, I had to mess with it. It was doing 2600 OTF right out of the box on rested 20R’s. Did spring bypasses in the tail, swapped the 24ga wire for 20ga, put the XM-L2’s on Noctigon copper stars and it was doing 2688 OTF. Then I messed with it’s power. Boy did I mess with it’s power!

4737 OTF at start on fresh 20R’s at 4.18V. 4485 OTF at 30 seconds, and after that test Med gave me 3053 lumens. Yeowza!

Thanks Richard! :slight_smile:

Edit: On fully charged Sam 25R cells at 4.22V, it does 4902.45 OTF at start, 4588.5 OTF at 30 seconds, then shifting down to Medium it still does 3077.4 to begin the run, 3070.5 after 30 seconds, and then shifting down to Low it shows 669.3 to begin and goes up to 672.75 after 30 seconds. Sheer Power! Wow! I’m very very impressed!

Now I’m gonna have to gather up Efest 35A and Sony C5 cells…

Nice! Now I gotta order new drivers for all my non-electronic switch lights. :heart_eyes:

you didn’t need to mess around with the driver to get that insane lumens? :smiley: