MTN Electronics: LEDs - Batteries - Lights - Chargers - Hosts - Drivers - Components - 1-Stop-US Source

Hi Richard,

my Supfire M6-Mod1 did arrive in flawless condition. I’m truly impressed how nice the beam pattern is for a triple. It has a very nice round center spot, I didn’t expect that.

It’s my first side-switch light and this - in combination with the UI you flashed - is a hoot. I like the well spaced 7 modes and to be able to choose to start either with moon (short press) or full brightness (long press) is just awesome.
I’m still undecided which tint it shall get, so I leave it in stock form just for now. Already dreaming of Noctigons and some resistor modding, though.

Thx :slight_smile:

@HarleyQuin

If you have that UI you have a FET driver, turbo is already maxed out, no resistor mods for that setup.

Richard - please have a look into this Thread and help us…

the knowledge in this Forum never ceases to amaze me! Scary but it seems to be progressive. Nobody will be talking ‘regular flashlights’ soon. Learn it or be left behind I guess.

edit: Vinh puts his V54 and Fiat Lux on his custom lights. What can we get Richard to put on his? Mod Squad? Boo!

Hi Cereal,
fortunately you’re wrong. I have Mod1 (see my post), so Richard did not braid the resistors (that’s Mod2), he just added one R056 to the existing three per channel (and did that very cleanly I have to point out, that’s craftsmanship).
So, yes, it’s a FET-driver, but no, it’s by no means maxed out. Muhahahahahah… J)
Still dreaming of my next resistor mod.

@ saypat
I’m regularly amazed at BLF too. :slight_smile:

Do you have a zener modded driver with low voltage monitoring, shutdown/cut-off that works with three cells?

Can it work with two cells too?

More info please. :)

Sure! It's something I had been working on for a while, but with the 105C I had to cut a trace and run an extra wire so things weren't very tidy to make it work. The issue is that with the current measurements running through the zener mod, they never get above 4.3v and are useless for more than one cell.

Matthaus made a few custom boards that you can get from Oshpark.

For the voltage divider circuit, I used the following formula (originally pulled from Tido's BLF-VLD documentation, but you can also see it in the STAR FW comments.)

* ADC = ((V_bat - V_diode) * R2 * 255) / ((R1 + R2 ) * V_ref)

* 125 = ((3.0 - .25 ) * 4700 * 255) / ((19100 + 4700) * 1.1 )

* 121 = ((2.9 - .25 ) * 4700 * 255) / ((19100 + 4700) * 1.1 )

Except we need to remove the 0.25 volt drop because there is no longer a diode in the circuit.

You can use the 4700 ohm resistor along with a 200 or 430 ohm resistor to get in the range you need. 430 ohm will be more accurate and give better resolution, but 200 ohm also works just fine if that's all you've got. Here are a few example calculations:

6 × 200 × 255

(4700 + 200) × 1.1

306,000/5,390

9x200x255

459,000/5,390

6x430x255

(4700 + 430) × 1.1

657,900/5,643

9 × 430 × 255

(4700 + 430) × 1.1

986,850/5,643

On another note, I have a bunch of XM-L2 U2 1D emitters on 20mm Noctigons that I was able to get for an excellent price, so they are on sale right now on the website.

The VTC5 cells just showed up! For those of you who pre-ordered, your batteries are being packaged as we speak.

He’s a magic man! Speaks through his fingers and packages virtually hands free! :slight_smile:

Thanks again for the good work Richard, I was feeling bad there for a while when I ordered some small order every other day or so, but you keep offering new things, on sale things, clearance things, and I realized it’s all your fault! :stuck_out_tongue: So, carry on! I’ll make sure the mailman knows what your packaging looks like so he can bring it to my door instead of leaving it in the box, that way I can get started modding quicker. :bigsmile:

Thanks for the help everyone :slight_smile:

Ambient temperature at the moment is about 15 degrees C, Although in summer it is more like 35 degrees C.

And yes I will be ordering 22 AWG wire from RMM and modding the spring to handle the current.
I will be grounding the 4th star for the moonlight mode as well :slight_smile:
Once everything arrives I will put it together and post a build thread :smiley:

I couldn’t find the BLF drivers on the site. Are you going to sell these?

Sorry for misunderstanding, yes you have a FET based driver but it is the stock FET driver, I took your original post to mean you had the option of the BLF FET driver piggybacked, for that level of mod there is no resistor mods because as I said, it is maxed out already.

Just to be clear: The Mod 1 and Mod 2 use the same three FETs, and the same driver layout. The Mod 2 levels are slightly tweaked (biased lower in the lower levels) and the turbo timer is shortened. You can get full Mod 2 power levels by bridging across those resistors and copper braiding the tailcap springs. This isn't recommended with the stock MCPCB and hot cells, not only will you not get full output, you will likely fry those emitters in short order.

The 17mm FET driver is the BLF driver. The 20mm, 15mm, SRK, etc. are coming soon.

I’m waiting for 20mm and SRK drivers… twiddling fingers…Ho hum.:slight_smile:

Cereal, no harm done, and a pic says more than 1000 words.
Just to make things clearer, this is what Mod1 is: Stock emitter, piggybacked stock driver with STAR firmware flashed, a 4th resistor at each bank added to moderately increase current.
Did I already mention I am very happy with this? 0:)

So here it is:

My mod 1 looks exactly the same. I love this UI. Of all my single switch lights, this is by far the best UI.

I’ll get my ordered mod 1 as well. If I mod it will be how to do 3 on Notigons down the road. :slight_smile:

Hey guys, finally got the SRK 7135 driver up on the website. I tried to keep the price as fair as possible, but it does take me a bit of time to build, test, and troubleshoot these boards. Also, I have made some bare PCBs available at about 50% the cost of buying the boards in smaller runs direct.

Here's what is currently available:

Here's what will be available by the end of the week (bare and pre-built):

• 15mm FET driver (BLF15DD)
  • 20mm FET driver (BLF20DD)
  • 46mm FET driver (46mm FET driver) PCB.
  • 16mm 12x 7135 slave board
  • Momentary switch board (Helios' design)

More to come soon, I'm sure!

RMM, those prices look great. Nobody can argue that soldering 32x 7135’s should come at a lower price. :slight_smile:

YGPM