MTN Electronics: LEDs - Batteries - Lights - Chargers - Hosts - Drivers - Components - 1-Stop-US Source

I don't, they're all lithium powered.

16340 EDC ready to go!

Here it is!

Ordering!

I just received my 502b. The overall fit, finish and quality is as good as the original.
In fact the head assembly and tailcap still interchange.
The original… The Huntlight FT01. Maybe I`ll try to bore the huntlight body so
18650`s will fit. :slight_smile:

I just ordered the medium power 4.4 A, 4 modes with memory, L > H version of this light. Mine also ordered with the 10511 lens. Looks like a pretty amazing output for the little monster even without going to the 5.8A hand grenade version. Anyone who already has this EDC toy want to comment on it. I searched but did not note a review of it.

Personally, I'd go with the full tilt version. The 5.8A (or 7.5A with the FET driver) can be a turbo mode. I think Richard can put a timer on it if you're worried about using it. You may not think you need the extra bit of juice, but it's there if you ever need it.

I've seen one review. I really like mine, and should probably do a review even if it's a short one. Maybe I'll do that if I swap in a FET driver.

I was about to ask if RMM could add one of those new 16340 EDC lights to my last order, but then I found the order in my mailbox. So, I get to mod my SRK now! :slight_smile:

I’m still very, very tempted to order a 16340 EDC though, and a S3 triple. But in the 16340 case, I’d want a somewhat more custom build, 1.4A with a Nichia 219, and for the S3 triple, I’d want to use three different tints to make it show more vivid colors.

I have 3 16340 lights heading my way and of course the parts to mod them.
For my light I use at work I built a S6 with a xp-g2 triple and a q-light in 2 modes with 4 extra 380 chips. It is plenty bright but warms up quick on high.

...and have added the XP-G2 7C4 and Nichia 219 as options for the 16340 EDC flashlight.

Also, if you'd like the Mod 2 to have LESS chips added, just let me know at checkout.

Sanyo has a new 2500 mAh 16650 battery I wish that you would carry if possible. Should be great for many two 16350 cell lights bored too small to take an 18+ mm diameter standard 18650 battery or other marginal fit applications of 18650 cells. At the moment you do not have any 16650 cells.

Rich, just responded to your e-mail as well. I will see if I can source some. Thanks for the request.

Is your store web page down right now?

EDIT: Just started working again…

Very slow loading.

Those 16650s are great for lights such as FourSevens and other brands that are slow to embrace 18650 cells. Also great for those finicky lights, such as Roche.

Are the Roche finicky about diameter? I was only aware of the length issues.

Some Roche’s can be really tight. Especially with protected cells.

That’s the set-up I went with also.Even at 4.5 amps it is still impressive and heats up quickly.Out in the woods level three is more than enough light/flood to search for firewood.What tint did you choose?I am very happy with the 3c tints in floody lights.

I went with the 3C tint too. Mostly I like cool white but I decided to go with Neutral with this one.

After email discussion with Richard, and based on a posted recommendation here, I did change the order to the maximum output version though. Richard assured me that the light would not overheat in mode two even with the 5.8 Amp Turbo maximum mode.

Richard. When you build all these drivers and add zener’s, resistors and AMC chips, how much of your labour time do you calculate for extracting all those tiny parts from their little plastic encasements?

They come in strips. Maybe he just tears the cover off of each strip and funnels it into a bin for easy access. That’s how I have my SMD resistors stored. I use one of these expensive little BOX-ALL cases with many tightly sealed compartments. I guess if I was doing that work constantly I might use open bins firmly planted to a solid workbench.

[quote=RAW74]

[quote=

I am very happy with the 3c tints in floody lights.[/quote]

Yes, the 3c is very easy on the eyes. My S6 gets warm at the 3A setting but plan to stack some spare 7135’s on the Qlite driver down the road.