My BT-C3100 v2.2 failing completely - now not working at all.

I’m on your side for that part, they are trying to curb the issue, but not in proper way.

What I mean with ourself is for personal interest.

I thought you had lost your job, hence the small shop idea. Putting the battery in a charger Positive side first concerns me. How did you compress the spring?

nice to hear that ..

thanks for getting back to us .

Have lost my job, the work place is closed, the building is sold, so has no job. But luckily for me, that do not equal no payment. I still earn just as much that I had my work. And since there is so few or no jobs just now, I can just sit at home eating steak and lobster every day, or I can try doing something that maybe can end up in a business.
If I was out of work, and no money, how could I use $4000 on products then?

Because I then pressed the battery in place on the negative side also, then all “hell” broke out.

I really don’t know how this happened, but it did, and it did with just one battery inside it. And I could not use the power bank after, the one side was burned, and I had trowed it hard in the floor twice to get the battery out.

But unlike many others here, I just want to put the case behind me. I’m not buying more Xiaomi Style stuff, my relationship with Gearbest.com is better for each day, so keeping ripping up this case is not helping. I got my refund, I could get rid of the other ones, end of story. Had you sold the remaining item to customers?

The opus charger did not work, in fact, mist likely it was not a real Opus charger, for it did not have the Opus name printed on it, like the real ones I have now. But it had all the numbers and other mark like a real Opus BT-C3100 v2.2 charger, but still, most likely a fake one. And then the power supply most likely was a fake one also.
I know that HJK also did get a BT-C3100 charger without the Opus name on it (see here: Review of Charger Opus BT-C3100 V2.1 ), so can’t say for sure if both of us have got a fake on, or they sell real Opus chargers without their own name on it (hardly the case, who company will sell their own brand name chargers without their own brand name on it?)

Se for your self:

So I will not refund the Ebay seller of the Opus charger, sorry, can’t do it. I may have been real, it may have been fake, regardless it did not work when I filed the complain. And I have only used it to charge two batteries after I got the new adapter, so it’s way to early to say if the charger maybe destroy the new adapter also. And do I really want to risk my batteries on that charger? What if it destroy the batteries, what if it take fire? So I think I will trow it away just to be sure.

This is how my new Opus BT-C3100 V2.2 chargers looks like, they are both from Gearbest.com:

Thank you.

Sleep, what is that? :quest:

As you can see, I’m now using 2 x LiitoKala Lii500s and 2 x Opus BT-C3100 V2.2 chargers for my setup. I have more Lii500s (two more), a Lii400, 5 x Lii300s and a Nitecore D4.
I used the Nitecore D4 for a while, but its so slow. If you only charge two batteries, you get 750mah per battery. More then two, only 375mah per battery. So it takes for ever to charge on it. For smaller AA/AAA batteries it’s much better.
Opus is better on some areas. It has more programs (like battery refresh), you can see and control all 4 bays at once, and you can charge two batteries (in bay 1 and 4) at @2A. Handy if you are charging 26650 batteries or need some quick charge on the fly.
The cons: The fan, it’s noisy. Really noisy. Running two BT-C3100 at the same time….and you can’t do that on the night if you have it on your bedroom. For it get REALLY noisy.

Thee Lii500 is also a really good charger/discharger. Pros: Not any fan, totally silent. Cons: You have to press one and one bay to select what you want, and you have to press one and one bay to see the result, or real time information. And it’s max @1A charging.

So for me, hard to recommend the one over the other. Ok, the first C3100 I got died (or the adapter) but it most likely a fake, so I can’t count that in. So any recommendation has to be from the 4 chargers I use today, and all 4 works perfectly. The BT-C3100 has a little + with real time info on all four bays at the same time, and the possible to change settings on all 4 at the same time. But the Lii500 has + because it’s silent.

use this opus carefully.. after it busted the charger..

have you opened the power adapter ? you can check for visual then gto through the input section and the filteration part of ckt ..

no logo doesnt makes it non genuine.. opus does offers to custom logo if sufficent qty is ordered ..

Think I will trow it away, so I don’t forget and leave the house while it charger/discharging something and takes fire.

No, have no clue about such thing, so had not clue of what to look after. And not it’s in the trash.

I know they do that with Opus BT-C3400, but still, the brand is Opus, but the buyer got them to change the version name so it looked like he had some better version. It’s still just C3100 v2.2, but it’s sound cooler out with C3400 V2.2. Must be better then C3100. :smiley:
But still, this had no logo. So if someone want to order a custom logo, why only use a blank one? Make no sense do it?

well there are so many electronic devices that failed in my experience .if the reason was a power adapter then replacing them and using the device under some observation for some reasonable time didnt resulted in any issue i had passed that device itself ok ..

adapters are the first device that gets the brunt.

in my experiece good adapters just fail .. bad give smoke and smell.. but a lot of my devices are working fine for years and years after replacing adpters.. devices include cisco routers.. tplink etc wifi .. radio's ,, a lot of other devices.

so if you found that it charges a battery in equal amount of time as the ok one and gives equal capacity and do not heats up and do not heats up the batteires or charger too much then the charger is ok.

also in my experice chinese power equipement is just ok .. best bang for the bucks . but for perfect quality .. japs/american/euro are the gold standard.

Thank you. Today I got up at 07.50, actually some hours sleep tonight.So that was good.

And thank you again.

Have a nice day.