My Collection and Beamshots

Great Post Night Breaker.... Thanks...

Like it was said, it would be interesting to see the $20 SS-A100 stacked up to these.. I'm sure not nearly as good... but food for thought

I have not seen you or Gary's post to this light... I assume you have seen it...but if not here it is... This will likely be my next purchase if the reviews check out OK

http://www.manafont.com/product_info.php/trustfire-trj12-cree-xml-t6-5led-4500lumen-5mode-memory-flashlight-black-aluminum-alloy-finish-326650318650-p-8845

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/5619?page=1

CopperTop, this is obviously a light that falls outside your parameters for your belt-carried patrol light...

yes it sure does...the belt pouch light is a small –leave it there “in case” you need it

But -the second thing we are looking into (just starting as we ruled out anything until the 26650 lights came up) is the "mag light' type replacement... my son caries a bigger rechargeable light that slips into a big metal ring… that’s the “beat’ light that often gets left stuck between the seats…. Maybe this TRJ12 light could fit that bill, -but I sure want to see what you think of the BT4000 as well… (only wish it had the option of a second battery ad on) –but it looks actually like there is some good stuff coming down the pipe…"other than the standard C8 18650 clones"

I like it!

On another note

The Tank007 736 seems to be the preferred –“little” pouch light ...–so far… for the “need in an emergency” light… and we found out the SolarForce little red diffuser cone is a perfect fit for the light and a little pouch… maybe for the emergency times you need to BE seen for traffic.-… I don’t know if it will ever be used –but the light set on stobe with the cone is something amazing to see.

Are neither of you interested in a modded Maglite? Esp. for a big "beat" light? It doesn't have to be an outrageous expensive mod (from what I can tell), will give great runtime on safe cells, have great throw, and has numerous accessories available for them. I'm thinking a simple single XM-L or XP-G mod to either a 3C or 3D Mag (or 4C / 4D if you prefer).

-Garry

I wouldn't mind modding my 6c maglite, which still has value as a "baton" light.

I wouldn't know how to do the mod myself. I'd like this light to have a U2 @ 4.2A.

Hi,

I follow these interesting "26650"-flashlight discussions for a few days now. Thank you for all the information so far, as I think that I will get myself a Ultrafire HD2010 or probably the Shadow-clone.

I have one question:

how thight does the 22650 battery/18650 fit, regarding the length? There is a quite popular Lithium-Mangan battery witch measures 70mm of lenght.

They are called IMR-26700 by Molicell, also sold as Konion 2900, 4,2v-2,5v, 2900mah. It delivers 10C, max. 15c.

Could you please check, if a longer battery would fit?

many thanks,

florian