My family got a 2016 Toyota Corolla LE today

Nuts :person_facepalming:

20000 for an old car :person_facepalming: wait if they give you a full tank of gas then it is probably ok.

Anyways, enjoy the ride. I know itā€™s impossible to get a new car, and they take advantage of you. because you canā€™t live without it.

I see it has a touch screen and bluetooth, so you can load up mp3s on a USB stick.

Might sound high but itā€™s not.

Racoon, you did good man. Those little bests are hard to kill and will rack up huge mileage before they check out. Itā€™s a dead ringer for my older brothers. Color, year, etc. Heā€™s real, real happy with it. I think he said he was getting @36mpg. I bought the 2021 Corolla Hybrid, which pissā€™s my wife off to no end. (ā€œYou can afford any car you want and you get that cheap thingā€) I was thinking of the new Corvette but that would have pissed her off even more LOL. Iā€™ll let the neighbors drive the Lexus, BMW and Mercedes as I donā€™t give a shit about that and canā€™t stand flushing my hard earned $cratch down the toilet on any depreciating asset.

Anyway, it averages @63 MPG, although right now itā€™s getting 67mpg on this tank. Itā€™s frighteningly less mpg (low 50ā€™s) when bombing through Utah or Idaho where the freeway speeds are 80MPH but everyone passes you if you only do 80mph. I love that car and itā€™s going nowhere for now. I told my wife itā€™s a placeholder for when full automatic driverless arrives and then itā€™s gone and Iā€™m taking naps in the car as it drives itself.

Paid $21,200 brand new just last Sept 2020(MSRP was in the $25,000 range and it has every extra they had including the $500 Pearl metal flake paint job). Could sell it to a dealer today easy with over 30,000 miles on it for approx $4000 more than I paid, and they in turn would be asking $28,000-$29,000. Car prices are insane. Just sold my 4WD Ford F150 truck for almost what I paid for it to a dealer who sold it to another dealer. I didnā€™t want to, but itā€™s crazy not to - especially as I can borrow my wifes jacked up Jeep Wrangler for off road and mountains as she has a car she prefers for regular driving. Crazy stuff this used car business. I suspect it will be well over a year or more till it crashes back to earth and theyā€™re more affordable again.

Congrats on the car, youā€™ll be real happy with it.

Car looks nice and well kept!

Congrats