My KE-5s Arrived Today

NEW ROMISEN RC T601 IS THE SAME BRIGHTNESS AS THE OLD ONE TO MY NAKED EYES. BUT IT IS STILL BRIGHTER THAN MY KEYGOS KE5.

what battery do you use to get a 3.85A reading?

My M3X is supposedly 700 otf lumens. Ok maybe that's a little low. But the M3X will smoke the Keygos. And I have one of the hotter Keygos at the tailcap probably out there at around 3.5amps.

It is a custom brand sold domestically based on a Sanyo cell (2600mAh, max current drain rated 6.5A). It was expensive (a bit more expensive than a Redilast 3100) but I couldn't wait for my 18650s to arrive that I had ordered from Manafont. I had a new light at the time and no 18650s so I ordered one locally .

Only thing I don't like is the tight battery tube. The XTAR 2600 (purple label) does not fit (too wide), same goes for Redilast 3100. A Trustfire Flame 3000 fits without any problems.

Stronger spot does not mean automatically that stronger in overall brightness.

kind of apples/oranges too (reflector size, battery config, price)

I bet a ke-5 in each hand and $60? in your pocket looks pretty good next to an m3x

I dunno. People (even at CPF) have gone back and forth as to whether Olight measures OTF or at the emitter, but I've heard it said more often that the Olight M31 SST-50 is 800 OTF. Only one person said it is no less than 755 OTF. In any case, the beams are way different (as we'd expect). My Manafont XM-L C8 is no match for the Olight. It trounces it easily, but the Coleman 500 Lumen (ANSI rated) is trounced by my Manafont XM-L C8 pretty badly. Now the KE-5 is way brighter than the Manafont XM-L. And if you compare it on a white wall against the Olight, taking into account differences in reflector size for throw, the KE-5 looks brighter or as bright, hence, somewhere at the 800 lumens range. My 980L beats the Olight even better--supposed at something like 896 lumens OTF? So I'd believe 800-840 OTF with the Keygos. I dunno, but a properly driven KE-5 is a retina scorcher while a general XM-L is a touch above TK40 level, I guess.

Sheesh, I feel pretty good about the way my two Keygos Ke-5s perform. After all, I only paid $20 each with free shipping. That is opposed to some of these lights it is compared with costing upward of $100. Also, in applications, when things are that close, who is to tell the close differences? Such as 700 lums compared to 750 lums?? Wink

Just the 2 cents of a newbie..

ceh

I have to admit the Keygos is a steal of a price.

Let me see if I can find some beamshots.

This ones about 100yds.

Around 50yds

Here's one at 5ft.

Keygoes KE-5 on left, Ultrafire C8 on right.

M3X = $100? Wow, why would he compare the two lights? I like your argument!

truth is I just wish I had an m3x

I already said it's a heck of a deal.

I still don't think it's 800 lumens is all.

And if you do some searching here, you shall see it was me who probably discovered this light on here.

We'll make sure you get a 7G5, Olight SR51, Fenix TK41, Sunwayman T40CS and V60C and Thrunite Catapult V3 to go with it. Laughing

And I left out the Dereelight VBS tactical.

actually, tk41 would be my top choice from that list

That's probably my favorite light.

How does its throw compare to the Olight?

Which Olight?

I have the Olight M3X and Olight SR51.

Read thru this.

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/6352

Isn't it always nicer when the underdog beats - or ties - the champ? :p