My new umbrella

The title reminds me of the “Wet Paint” sign, you just have to touch it to confirm it’s wet :smiley:

I’m actually cherishing the amount of rain we’ve ben getting where I live. Last winter was waaaay too dry, worse than 2014. Rain by the bucketload, with no gales or lightning, is very much welcome! :bigsmile:

Plus, the weather’s kept things dark enough to warrant indoors flashlight usage no matter what, be it morning, lunchtime or afternoon. Helps that the light switch on my bedroom’s light switch broke :wink:

(Seriously, summer might as well be the fabled Long Dark where I live. The days keep getting shorter and shorter, and daytime is so cloudy that normally before a shower, the street lights switch on. Spring feels more like summer than summer itself does. Amazing time of year for a flashaholic.)

Watch out, RC, there are no breaks on the BSAA train… they gon’ come and bust your kneecaps now even before Uroboros can run its course :evil:

रॅकून शहर = "raccoon city" in Marathi

Why Marathi?

Because it looks cool. 8)

I did not click on this thread, i hit tab many times then pressed Enter :wink:

Ohh! What kind of stuff do you work with?? And can you get me some? :evil:

Ranma ½ ?

[quote=Halo...] Ohh! What kind of stuff do you work with?? [/quote]

We mostly work with bio-organic weapons.

Have you seen the Resident Evil documentaries?

Y'know, that sort of thing. ;)

[quote=Halo...] can you get me some? [/quote]

No I can't get you some!

I shouldn't even be talking about this.

Umbrella Corporation could just have me revoked.

K-I-L-L-E-D. Revoked.

[quote=raccoon city]

When splashed with cold water, I'm Alice.

Hot water changes me back to a raccoon.

[/quote]

You're pretty close.

raccoon ½.

Look what came in the mail today. :)

Damn good RC.
Now you can officially walk in the rain as one of proud umbrella corp employees :bigsmile:

Excellent!

Now we can spot you on google satellite maps. In the rain at least. :~

A Giant Eagle in my area had a stand with golf umbrellas for $8.99 and a few were the same red and white.

Do they give you a cent in change? :open_mouth:

It’s always embarrassing waiting for a penny change over here in the 99p store? :smiley:

A few years ago, everything at the "99 Cents Only Store" was 99¢ or less.

Now they say "most items are 99.99¢"

But if you buy 100 items at 99.99¢ each, they'll charge you $100. :|

Someone should sue their and make them call themselves the "100 Cents Only Store." :evil:

You’re right, it all adds up and they keep it. :open_mouth:

There was a film about that sort of thing, can’t remember what it was called?

Is it worth it?
Does dealing with the penny take up more than 2 seconds of you’re time?

“With the median wage in the U.S. being about $17 per hour in 2011, it takes about two seconds to earn one cent. Thus, it is not worthwhile for most people to deal with a penny.”

Financially, fighting over a penny doesn't make any sense...

but complaining about a penny is good, cheap fun. :)

This is the weirdest thread so far 2016

But, when you consider that Pre-mid-82 pennies contain double the face value worth of copper, suddenly, your wages have been doubled!

(I actually sorted all of my pennies. The copper pennies are in a separate jar, and I have about a pint of them.)

But your giving them your two cents, hence doubling the value of that penny they steal, and since 100% interest per two second investments do not exist (or even 100% per 5 minutes argument time) it is only logical (and economically justified) to fight for your penny :smiley:

Giant Eagle near my home had red and white 60” golf umbrellas in stock today priced at $7.99 so I bought one. Not a travel umbrella but that’s fine with me. To boost its protection I’ll give it a spray of Nikwax UV Proof.

I would be really careful buying groceries from Giant Eagle. They may be a subsidiary of the Umbrella Corporation.