My Opus BT-C3100 is playing up, what should I replace it with?

As the title suggest, my trusty Opus is playing up, bought on the recommendation of this forum I have been very happy with it for probably 5 years or more now but recently it has started freezing, the screens won’t change and the buttons do nothing. Worried it will cause a fire or something so need to replace it.

What is the current go-to replacement? Something of similar price would be good, need to be able to do NiMH and Li-ion and do not only charging but also capacity testing. Be nice if there was an easy way to hook it up to non-standard cells too (I recycle vape batteries when I can).

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

The Vapcell S4 would be my choice, it have such features and is one of the Combi-charger which can also charge NiMH good.

I have the BT-C3100 also, but I prefer the Vapcell.

1 Thank

I like the Vapcell S4 Plus, especially for longer cells (up to 76.9mm), but I don’t know if it’ll do capacity testing or not. :thinking:

I’m going to skip the details behind my decision for now, but I recently switched from the use of an Opus BT-C3100 (which I’ve used for 6-8 years) to a SkyRc MC3000 as my primary charger/analyzer. The Opus is still entirely functional, and it is now the ‘backup’. I switched because of what I consider (for me personally given my priorities) a good number of compelling technical / design / performance considerations. I know the usual question, and the answer is: Yes, from my perspective I feel the higher cost is absolutely justified - no question, and I am of limited means. I consider the ROI very high on that price difference.

The only caveat to this is that I believe it will not accomodate some of the larger size (and particularly in length) cells which have come into use largely since its design ~10+ years ago. If you use such cells, it may not be your best choice. I use nothing larger than 18650 and don’t anticipate doing so, so it’s a non-issue for me.

Arranging connectivity for external cells might not be too practical. It might be possible to do with some work, but it’s not designed to provide for it.

1 Thank