My wife is staying at her friends house overnight, boy am I going to have fun!

YES!
’tis a manly thing you know.

No, but I did get them on sale. :slight_smile:

You are right! And you have an attention for detail.
Let’s see, I got 3 of the original adapters of the first 6,and………. there are 3 used giant CFL’s………
You think that is just a coincidence? :wink: (the 2 that are new are spares)

That’s what I was using them for too. Tremendous amount of light! But you being from Texas wouldn’t notice the problem with cold weather startup with these things. I was lucky to get those Cree bulbs for 97 cents each. Makes converting over a no brainer. $8 for the 7 way adapter and $7 to fill it is a little cheaper than the giant CFL ($16)
But, like you, I was more than satisfied with the performance! They are awesome bulbs!

Here it is 8 months later and I am still finding uses for this gizmo. I found this old lamp on the side of the road and I thought, there is my new work light. There it is with no shade and the lamp socket broken and hanging out.

So what I did was mount a shallow metal round box on top and intall an outdoor round cover with an adjustable spot light holder.I used a 1/4-20 screw and thumb wheel so that it would be adjustable.

not much of a work light you say?

Well, how about now?

wow… this is really cool, on several levels.

for ONE? i used to have double 4 foot flourescent “garage lights” in 8 out of the 12 rooms in my house. They were marked down at LOWES really cheap on clearance? i bought one for every room i used at the time… not the whole house is heated in winter, and, i got tired of changing 4 foot bulbs, so… i simply plopped in a “work box” in the middle of every ceiling and put old fashioned pull chain ceramic e-27 bases in… incan originally, but…

i kicked over to TWISTY lights (CFL…) when they got affordable. The problem with TWISTYS is? most of them dont REALLY last 10 or 15 years like they say… plus? i have smelled “overheat” and went and found a twisty bulb almost melted. The bases electronics poop out. I dont know if maybe the twistys (CFL) are made to be installed in a “lamp” upright to disperse heat or what.

as LED bulbs are coming down in price during sales, i will be kicking over to LED bulbs soon…

that “7 in 1” converter? is JUST the right budget item to turn my single bulb ceramic bases in every room, into a budget friendly “LED light fixture”

==

my mom gave me a “LED bulb” back when they were still really expensive… that danged thing is my “front porch” light, and it has been on CONTINUOUSLY for “many years” now. I didnt even REALIZE for a couple years itwas getting the “service life test”, and i have forgotten how many years it has been running 24-7…

when i realized THAT, and being on here of course, gave me the idea to look for a “budget friendly” LED fixtures to replace my ceramic bases…

this looks like JUST the solution, thanks! (i have a gigantic old “guy house”, and i refuse to spend 80 dollars on a simple LED light fixture, lol)