name some nice lights with a side switch but under $35

I owned both of them, they both are the same in brightness, just different style that’s all.
it just depend on if you like the UI or not. to me it’s really not a big deal.
but definitely it’s easier to carry around as it is just slightly taller than my palm.
about 1” shorter than my other fav light, UltraFire 502b which is brighter than both of the smallsuns.
but for the money… nobody really can beat Lightmalls C8 XM-L2 light . it’s under $20 and can dish out respectable amount of light :smiley:
but it’s not side switch though…

Ultrafire C20. - The Crelant 7G3CS clone.

Although it has a tail, and side switch.

Without going too much into techy details, show her some of the lights shown in this thread and I BET she will buy more than one and eventually become a flashaholic

I second the recommendation for the Trustfire T2. I bought one for my wife and she loves it. It looks nice, is easy to use and is bright.

Will the fact that it uses a 18650 be an issue for your Girlfriends Mom? For many people, that poses a problem.

I don't have one, but the UltraFire T80 also looks nice.

Add a $1 and get the Sky Ray King with discount:

Sky Ray King

Don’t forgot nitecore from fasttech. Some of them are close to $35. JohnnyMac has a thread summarizing most lights.

here

But be aware of possible heatsink issue known to some nitecore lights. Search the forum.

thanks for everyones suggestions. i showed her pictures of all the lights, and now will be chooseing between trustfire t2 or ultra t50 or one of the small suns, BUT for her edc.

she originally only wanted one light which is for the house…see what you guys did LOL.

but she still needs one for the house. a bigger light…at least the size of a c8. 18650’s are fine .
are almost all side switches dual switches? because if its gonna have a tail switch for on/off, then she says theres no point in getting a side switch then. the whole point was to be able to turn on from the side switch. she likes how my skyray king does that.

any lights like this but not as fat and bulky as the king?

If she doesn't mind the UI (which I love btw), I'd suggest the Nitecore EA4.

+1 on the EA4.

She might want to consider a somewhat larger light for around the house. Both the Fenix TK41 and NiteCore EA8 have side switches only. A little more money but great throw lights to just grab and head outside. NiMh AA batteries are easy for a novice to recharge and are available at Walmart. Alkelines work in the lights also. She sounds like a candidate to become a future flashaholic.

I was going to recommend the ZY-T13 which I would for normal flashaholic types, but this sitch could be different. If they aren’t (or you can’t see them becoming) flashaholics, I recommend a normal battery setup (AA, AAA, D, C etc.). I don’t have one, but the Home Depot Defiant seems to fit the bill both in budget, usability and popularity here at BLF.

Either that or go with a simple keychain flashlight like the Fenix LD01. Not a side clicky of course, but they could use either AAAs, or 10440s if they get into lights…and believe me…it is a beast with a 10440 in it.

That’s a total copy of the Crelant V6CS. You can get the Crelant for the same price at md-lightsource with their sale right now. Crelant quality is much better than UF.

I like the look of this Rustu RW10 . Sort of a classic looking flashlight with side clicky…and also comes in an Dark (Army) green . Not familiar with Rustu, so I can’t attest to their quality.

seems like a lot of RUSTU has been added to DX lately. that particular model appears to be the same as a Skyray I have seen around. it was not very well reviewed IIRC.

guessing RUSTU doesn’t realize the English meaning of ‘rust’? not very complimentary for flashlights and metal goods.

shadow jm26?

http://intl-outdoor.com/shadow-jm26-xml-u2-850lm-sideswitch-26650-flashlight-p-585.html

may have found the winner. only thing is the price. she really likes that shadow jm26. she says the UI is great too. lemme get this straight. you turn it on with a simple press. press again, and it switches modes. double tap to strobe. and from ON mode, you hold switch to turn off and it will NOT switch modes.

that sounds like a light i want also hahah. but i would have to mod this for sure. anyone here have one to chime in? is it bright, floody, spill?

I was under the impression the JM26 was more of a thrower. Its been on my ‘maybe’ list. Love single-cell big head throwers.

hmm, then i might just buy this light for myself. she wanted something more on the floodier side.
any other lights out there with same IU?

it has a 7135 based board with room for twice as many 7135’s as standard without stacking if memory serves. It is also on my desired list, along with its 3up sister the sl3

edit, sb flashlights does both the jm26 and sl3 I think if you want one quick.

oooh, that sl3 looks very appealing haha. but dayam, $80 is no joke , it should be $60 max

This one has a magnetic side switch and just a tad smaller than the HD2010

1500 LM CREE XM-L T6 LED Flashlight Waterproof Magnetic Control Torch Lamp