name some nice lights with a side switch but under $35

so my girlfriends mom saw my collection of lights the other day, and was trully amazed and shocked by a few, actually all lights hahah.
she didnt know they came so bright nowadays, and small.
and the beam differences got her interest too.

so she asked me if i could find her a light with a side switch for under $35…i know theres not much, but the only two that comes in mind are the uf t50, and the small sun zy t13.

Hi,

You didn’t specify size, but the Defiant Super Thrower 3C are at Home Depot, and are like $22-$23. There are bunches of threads on this, but it really lives up to its name, “Super Thrower”. Runs on 3 C batteries.

Link: http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/catalog/servlet/Search?storeId=10051&langId=–1&catalogId=10053&keyword=defiant&Ns=None&Ntpr=1&Ntpc=1&selectedCatgry=Search+All

The non-Armormax ($22.97) was the one I got, but there are others on that search above.

Jim

Trustfire T2.

for women?.. i definitely recommended Small Sun Zy-T29 or Small Sun ZY-T11
they’re nice and small, very bright for the price :slight_smile:

BUT those lights have a terrible UI (A tap on the switch goes to high mode, further taps switch to next mode,
Off -> High -> Medium -> Low -> Strobe -> SOS -> Off -> High -> …)

How about a Ultrafire UF-T20? This would keep her from needing to use Li-Ions IF someone can verify that the voltage input listed as 0.9v - 4.2v is actually correct and does allow for AA NiMh (or alkaline) use. (Cheaper at KD.)

-Garry

I am a big fan of the UF T50. If you are worried about her using 18650 batteries, you could just swap one into her light about once a month and she would be just fine. My wife took it out to walk the dog and came back telling me what a great little light it was.

I know it’s about twice what she wants to spend, but I’m finding my little Nitecore EA4 is hard to beat.

wow those are all some nice lights there, kinda make me want to order every single one mentioned for myself hahah.

although, they are all on the smaller side she said. i know shes a woman, but this is not gonna be a edc.
she wants it for home use. she liked the size and shape of my hd 2010 very much.
anything similiar with a side switch?

and just wondering, between the small sun t29 and the t11, which one is brighter?
and those two small suns arent brighter than the uf t50 right?

I owned both of them, they both are the same in brightness, just different style that’s all.
it just depend on if you like the UI or not. to me it’s really not a big deal.
but definitely it’s easier to carry around as it is just slightly taller than my palm.
about 1” shorter than my other fav light, UltraFire 502b which is brighter than both of the smallsuns.
but for the money… nobody really can beat Lightmalls C8 XM-L2 light . it’s under $20 and can dish out respectable amount of light :smiley:
but it’s not side switch though…

Ultrafire C20. - The Crelant 7G3CS clone.

Although it has a tail, and side switch.

Without going too much into techy details, show her some of the lights shown in this thread and I BET she will buy more than one and eventually become a flashaholic

I second the recommendation for the Trustfire T2. I bought one for my wife and she loves it. It looks nice, is easy to use and is bright.

Will the fact that it uses a 18650 be an issue for your Girlfriends Mom? For many people, that poses a problem.

I don't have one, but the UltraFire T80 also looks nice.

Add a $1 and get the Sky Ray King with discount:

Sky Ray King

Don’t forgot nitecore from fasttech. Some of them are close to $35. JohnnyMac has a thread summarizing most lights.

here

But be aware of possible heatsink issue known to some nitecore lights. Search the forum.

thanks for everyones suggestions. i showed her pictures of all the lights, and now will be chooseing between trustfire t2 or ultra t50 or one of the small suns, BUT for her edc.

she originally only wanted one light which is for the house…see what you guys did LOL.

but she still needs one for the house. a bigger light…at least the size of a c8. 18650’s are fine .
are almost all side switches dual switches? because if its gonna have a tail switch for on/off, then she says theres no point in getting a side switch then. the whole point was to be able to turn on from the side switch. she likes how my skyray king does that.

any lights like this but not as fat and bulky as the king?

If she doesn't mind the UI (which I love btw), I'd suggest the Nitecore EA4.

+1 on the EA4.

She might want to consider a somewhat larger light for around the house. Both the Fenix TK41 and NiteCore EA8 have side switches only. A little more money but great throw lights to just grab and head outside. NiMh AA batteries are easy for a novice to recharge and are available at Walmart. Alkelines work in the lights also. She sounds like a candidate to become a future flashaholic.

I was going to recommend the ZY-T13 which I would for normal flashaholic types, but this sitch could be different. If they aren’t (or you can’t see them becoming) flashaholics, I recommend a normal battery setup (AA, AAA, D, C etc.). I don’t have one, but the Home Depot Defiant seems to fit the bill both in budget, usability and popularity here at BLF.

Either that or go with a simple keychain flashlight like the Fenix LD01. Not a side clicky of course, but they could use either AAAs, or 10440s if they get into lights…and believe me…it is a beast with a 10440 in it.

That’s a total copy of the Crelant V6CS. You can get the Crelant for the same price at md-lightsource with their sale right now. Crelant quality is much better than UF.

I like the look of this Rustu RW10 . Sort of a classic looking flashlight with side clicky…and also comes in an Dark (Army) green . Not familiar with Rustu, so I can’t attest to their quality.

seems like a lot of RUSTU has been added to DX lately. that particular model appears to be the same as a Skyray I have seen around. it was not very well reviewed IIRC.

guessing RUSTU doesn’t realize the English meaning of ‘rust’? not very complimentary for flashlights and metal goods.