Natfire SF2 LEP $75!

Update: Measured 508,000 candela at 20m = 1,425m. My lux meter reads approx 5% higher than Marco’s on 1Lumen, but that’s still 1,354m. The claimed manufacturer’s spec is 1,000-1,200m.

Got sent this for review. Just arrived today so took a few photos. It’s a genuine LEP. Negatives are the UI (no surprise: High, Med, Low, Strobe, SOS or High only), no lockout, and built-in 5000mAh 21700 (not easy to get to). Link and Coupon for $5 discount: NATFIRESF205 (not sure if this works)

150m

240m

1100m

How's the spot pattern? It looked extra wonky on the other thread. Not that one can be too picky for $75 LEP, lol

He posted another photo with a perfect spot, just had to reseat the lens

That's great to hear. I was on board even with the bad pattern, but with a clean pattern, im certainly getting one. Awesome.

Yeah, there’s nothing wrong with the spot, looks perfect. Nice white round spot with a slight purple corona.

I was really pleased I didn’t have to review a dud.

Sealed the deal. Ordering one now!

Hi everyone. Having seen this thread as well as the very reasonable price for this LEP, earlier today I placed an order online.

While I was on Aliexpress I had the chance to have a chat with the manufacturer. I was curious if they could produce an LEP with a lower CCT (to avoid blue light glare/light pollution especially in the presence of dust and/or humidity) and I suggested they gauge potential interest by our community by posting on the commercial sellers forum.

They now have made such a post, a poll, in fact. I already responded, indicating interest without a prepayment (I have never seen prepayment being discussed on this forum).

Anyone interested in such a LEP, you can indicate it in the poll. Myself, I am but a flashlight enthusiast, no technical background, so anybody with more knowledge who is inclined to do so, you can comment in the poll and/or make any suggestions/talk to the manufacturer.

It is not every day we as a community find a manufacturer that might be willing to make something tailored to our community, maybe something will come out of this.

I admit i was a little surprised to see this light was true lep. If i had a use for it i would definitely be ordering one.

Does anybody have 240m image with non-LEP light with similar cost?

Could you elaborate on the built in 21700?

Thanks making that happen. Pretty work!!

Can’t be removed, well, not very easily. Seems to be a genuine 5000mAh capacity though or near it. Looks like the driver is in a plastic casing which is press fitted into the body.

The LEP module’s retaining ring is heavily glued in place, not that I’d need to take it out.

Honestly can’t fault it for this price
I’ll take photos tomorrow.

Sorry everyone who has gone ahead and bought one without waiting for my finished review

After a 35 min test the low and med levels are shimmering. Not sure why. Most likely is unrelated to the test, it maybe that I never noticed before since only used the low, med group very briefly for measuring candela, otherwise its been on the High only group

I think everyone needs to put the breaks on until reviews are finished from myself and 1Lumen.

Great range etc on High, but annoying low and med, on a white wall at least

Also thorough testing is a must before getting on board with that 4000K poll that was suggested above.

I got one coming for review on 1Lumen but not sure when it will get here due to the covid deal in China. Thanks for the prelim…maybe this has the same internals (LEP module) as that Nealsgadgets LEP? Performance looks awesome for under $90 bucks. To get that performance in an LED light you’re spending at least $150 or more.

Looking forward to your review. I’d be interesting in seeing the beam somewhere in the neighborhood of 700m-800m if you can manage a place like that. Assuming the shimmering doesn’t mean these are destined for the bin…

After checking just now it seems to be poor contact with the battery, strangely doesn’t affect High mode. When it starts to shimmer a good smack on the hand will stop it. I really hate that this battery can’t be removed now, it would be such an easy fix. There’s some movement / rattle inside from a little too much room for the cell.

I have a neighbors house at 1100m I plan on shining it on and could perhaps go for another neighbors wool shed at 800m. I’ll say that out with no light pollution it’s quite difficult to find the targets being such a tiny spot.

There’s a plate at the rear they have glued in place. Any ideas how I’d pull it off without gluing something on to pull? Can’t drill a hole since I’d hate to hit the cell :confused:

Yeah, the tiny spot size is why I haven’t been too interested in these overall, as impressive as they otherwise are. But if it can do a little at 700m then it might be worth it to me. Medium-compact throwers keep me happy now out to around 400-500.

If you have something furry to shine it on (without blinding the poor thing) at a good distance, that would be awesome, too…but not something too bright like a sheep. :slight_smile:

Random note…have you ever seen the film/documentary called Sweetgrass? From some years back about herders in Montana…some of the last of the true mountain cowboy herders. I watched it last week for the first time and thought it was fascinating. I knew nothing about sheep other than a bit about wool fibers.

Maybe a soldering iron tip would loosen the glue? Is there any gap where a good thin spring steel hook/pick could fit…like the thin dental pick types but good quality.