Nebo Big Larry Pro Flashlight

I purchase a new Big Larry Pro Flashlight last year and the first time i tried to
remove the batteries the last battery was jammed an i was unable to remove it.
I called a number to get information on the problem and they told me to put
water and baking soda inside the battery tube , but this had no effect.

This light is a great tool, but they need to have slightly more clearance for
their 3- AA Batteries. When i purchased the second light I purchased Energizer rechargeable batteries. These batteries lasted a year of continuous use, far better than i had expected. The problem is that Energizer battery OD is inconsistent so when i tried to insert them into the tube they wouldn’t fit.
I have several mini mag flashlights and i have never had this problem.

I tried these batteries in the Mini Mag and they slide right in.
I was able to use some steel wool on the outside of the energizer
batteries and they work well!

Big Larry Pro lights can be a pain to disassemble and reassemble so
one or two thousands of an inch could make Big Larry Owners care free consumers rather than Big Larry Technicians!!!

1 Thank

you might also be able to jam a screwdriver into the old battery and start it turning, maybe pull it out that way

Welcome on BLF !

Please be careful with your batteries… you never know what is going to happen… !?

I disassembled the flashlight , but in the process one of the solder leads coming from the switch broke loose. Soldering this with one pair of hands was a pain. All went
well and i was able to clear the battery without damaging it.

yeah watch it for leaks

if you use the light all the time you will spot when they run down

if you leave it in a drawer, maybe not

i have got some old maglites [yard sales]where the battery was totally swelled, stuck , frozen, corroded to the case and all the contacts and circuits eaten up!!

wle