New Blackshadow Terminator

According to this, it’s 2.8a for high mode, 1.5a for medium, and .4a for low. (I hope they mean “per emitter” and not total…)

Maybe this light really is going to output at least 3200 lumens OTF and have good regulation.

Thinking about ordering one. I wonder if ric is going to stock them. I like the design!

Considering that their output figures for the Darth are spot on, I’m pretty sure it will put out close to the claimed 3500 lumens. Should be a beast. I did some conversions based on claimed dimensions and photo pixels and it looks like the reflectors will be between 26mm & 28mm in diameter. It is pretty much like 4 p60 lights strapped together. It should kick some serious @ss.

I am debating ordering one from going gear … I really enjoy the 4x 18650 lights that are high output and long low runtime due to parallel batt setup
…I wonder if I can find a gg promo code

Try promo code “ggcpf10”.

Thanks! $135 shipped isnt bad… debating waiting for a nw or getting a cw version

probably going to wait to see a blf or cpf review before I order… comparing this to the eye40 the price isnt bad… maybe ric will stock them as well

I’m so excited about this light.

BlackShadow said on cpfmarketplace that those are their official ANSI lumens figures!

Also, he said there is T6 NW and U2 CW.

I also looked at the Eye40, but that steps down to 60% output after 5 minutes, then to around 46% at about 8 minutes according to this review: Niteye EYE40 (4xXM-L U2, 4x18650) Review | Candle Power Flashlight Forum

In an email from Jonghoon from BlackShadow, he told me that the Terminator reduces power to “mid mode” after temperature exceeds 60 degrees Celsius (140 degrees Fahreinheit).

No translation needed.

Thanks for posting this info -

I’m looking forward to this light. I own an EYE30, and I’m surprised to see how this sizes up against the EYE40.I actuall think it’s a better looking and better designed light!

—KartRacer31

I am shocked at how small the Terminator is! That's the Darth it is directly next to. The Darth is only a couple mm longer than a King and much narrower.

Niteize Eye40 vs Terminator

Huge reflectors compared to the King (which are barely larger than the Darth's seen below) should give a decent amount of throw and flood.

Nice eye candy of the Terminator - thanks for the comparison picts JohnnyMac! Looks like this Terminator has made my “must have” list.

I agree those pics made me want it!

When compared with the Apex 5T6, I found these two torches are so similar, except the thread in APEX 5T6 is stronger than the Terminator, that coupling the APEX T6 tail end part to the Terminator is much desirable. The Terminator tail is not aggressive enough and falls into the Niteyes 30/40 or Ultrafire UF-T90 norm. Should appreciate it if coordination between the brand owners could bring us this M&M option.

dunno about that.

i like the body/tail of the terminator a lot more

but - I would prefer the handle attachment point at the tail - i ‘think’ (since I haven’t handle either light) that it would be better for strong side holstering, and the terminator/eye40 would be better for weak side (for non-pistol lovers, weak side is the side of your waist opposite from your grasping hand…)

I agree that the Terminator is more attractive but I disagree about the handle position. I prefer it over the Apex/Raging because it is more holsterable. With the head so much wider than the tail you don't want to holster it head first. Holstered tail first the narrower part is inserted first and the holster can retain a snug hold the entire length of the light. Having the handle at the head end allows the holster to fit the body properly with the handle staying outside for easy torch removal/insertion. You can't do that if the handle is attached at the tail.

true - if you can find such a holster

but even if the holster is straight like a can with no lid, it probably is easier to draw w/o a fat head at the bottom

well, goinggear said i should have an eta on my order
early next week. i hate waiting.

Beamshot and commentary (looks great!):

Thanks for the link. Really good looking light.