New Blackshadow!!

One of the first things I noticed about the Darth was the Imperial symbol on the tailcap. I can’t wait for holiday sales to start!

I love the idea of the Knight. I know I’m dreaming, but 1300-1500 Lumens OTF and a 1W laser with 3*3400mah Panasonics would be pretty close to perfect for me!

I could get into some trouble with such a light… >)

Anything over 100mw laser and your blink reflex isn’t fast enough to prevent damage. I use laser goggles for when using mine :wink:

For me I’d be happy with a 10-50mw green laser that was focus adjustable green laser. I due hope it is close to 1200 lumens between the two XML’s :slight_smile:

Welcome to this nice place, Atari XL!

If the laser is atleast 5 mw that is enough for me. I would personally prefer around 10-20 though.

If the laser is atleast 5 mw that is enough for me. I would personally prefer around 10-20 though.

Thanks raccoon city. I’ve been browsing this site for weeks reading tons of posts, and quickly grew to love all your custom welcome images. You add a great flavor to the entire site!

Welcome aboard, Atari!

LOOOOL :smiley:

Another LOL

Well, Padme does look decent, but if it will cost as much as Rook, then no, thanks…

1. That’s very kind of you to say. By the way, I didn’t know much about the Atari XL home computers until yesterday. I grew up with a Commodore 64, and was surprised that so many classic games were released on both platforms.

The Padme is up for sale now. No sign of the laser one though. :(

http://www.cnqualitygoods.com/goods.php?id=1759

I did not think that it would be that much. That is more than what I got my Darth for. Have to sit this one out. Thanks for sharing scaru! Looking forward to see more info on the Knight.

These are not the torches you’re looking for. Move along!

3x 18650 sounds interesting for a 2x XM-L light - that should provide perfectly flat regulation, which would be impossible with 3 LEDs.

Spec has been posted by Blackshadow on CPF

Summary:

_You may be dazzled by so many small circles. In fact, the structure is 2*U2 LEDs + 1*green laser light+ 3*ornamental circles. The Laser light can be lighten up no matter the LEDS are ON or OFF.
LED: CREE XM-L U2 CW 1A
Laser: 20MW
Knight is powered by three 18650 batteries.
Lumens: High 1200Lums - Low 120lums - Strobe 1000lums
Runtime: High 5h30min- Low8h15min - Strobe 6h_

Think the 5h30m runtime on high must be a “typo”

I don’t know anything about lasers, but 20mW is pretty serious, isn’t it? (I know enough to know not to point it at anybody, or at planes; a guy in my neighbourhood was jailed last week for pointing one at a plane - idiot deserved what he got - 6 months jail).

Hummm the Padme: $65 and the Rook$42….I do like a lower low near 2 lumens.

would be nice if he can provide runtime specs, throw distance and lumens.

When is that knight going to be on sale? I want a price!

I’d wait for the Yoda, wookie & storm trooper and buy the whole set!