New Convoy C8 on sale ,hope you love it

That means it is the older version, isn’t it?

Sorry I got a bit confused with your description.

I got new host,but with (old) OP reflector in it(31.5mm long).Fasttech never had Convoy C8 host with SMO reflector as option.

It seems that for new Convoy C8 reflector has to be 32-32.5mm long.

How does this compare to a XinTD C8 v5?

Man, this was my favorite easy to do modification and now there is no more brass plug :( that is just sad :( I must order from BG while they are shipping old version… I actually like bigger tailcap…

Sorry Simon but I think this is 1 step forward and 2 steps backward :~

I ordered one from BG last week and I hope I get the new one. The head is a huge improvement and the new tail design doesn’t bother me. The thick solid spring is actually a better design than the brass plug with cheap thin steel spring inside. One less point of contact = less resistance. The only thing I’ll miss is the GITD O-ring in the bezel.

Simon,

Any update on the longer version for protected cells?

Thanks

I’m waiting as well.

after two weeks

Great. Just let me know when they’re available and I’ll submit my order.

I’m waiting too and want buy.

I ordered.:slight_smile:

Am I legit the only one who can fit protected cells in their new C8? I didnt get it from simon but from a retailer for review but its still the new style one. Working on my review now but kinda shocked everyone else says they dont fit

I can fit protected cells in their new C8, Panasonic cells, but I was worried it would destroy the convoy because i must too much push. Panasonic NCR18650B Protected 3400mAh (Green) - when I took out from C8 they are scratched head.

I always wanted a Convoy C8 but I’m glad I waited. Just ordered a gray one. :smiley:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Gray-Convoy-C8-Cree-XML2-U2-1A-LED-Flashlight-torch-lantern-lanterna-bike-self-defense-camping/32240836052.html

It’s an acceptable trade-off if you want anodized threads. The tube’s end must bottom out first to make electrical contact instead of using the old style bare threads.

Hmm. At first I was going to offer that the Roche F12 does not have this problem, but it turns out that clever styling hides it on the F12! That sloped, square knurling goes right up to the tailcap so that even a gap this significant is not really noticeable. Interesting stuff.

Not overly impressed with new “improved” pill design :expressionless:

it looks so small that I had to insert 18650 cell to convince myself that it will fit,
Switch is, I would say step backwards, I was not able to disassemble it, someone tightened it too much,
bend my tweezers and made scratches on a retaining ring :frowning:

Retaining ring has a left-handed thread, mind you :slight_smile:

Use pliers

Acme threads on the pill are a big con. The strength isn’t needed and they have less contact area (poorer heat transfer) than conventional threads.

The new pill has twice the number of threads. That should make up for square threads. Contact area will also depend on tolerance, how close the threads fit.

Holes are too small for any pliers, they are 1 mm or less, I dont have so small needle nose pliers, I only have tweezers (now with bent tips)…