New Convoy C8 on sale ,hope you love it

I just received mine yesterday from Shenzhen Convoy Electronics and it “looks” just like the old new version. Taking the advice from other posts, I felt the only way to be sure and get the latest newest version is to get it from that site. The one on the right is the old original C8 with only 3 fins and long end cap.

Im interested but want to be sure to get the one that fits protected batteries. There appear to be 2 choices. How do I know I am getting the correct one?

By “new one on the right” I mean new one on the “other” right. Didnt realize I flipped the photo or just wasnt paying attention lol

You can make sure you get the new one by using the link in my photo above and using the coupon. They only have the new C8s in stock, from what I was told they cant get any of the old obes anymore. I know FT has thr old ones but no one wants old stuff,

Or you can contact Simon and see what he says. Probably will be a little more expensive then using the link above in the photo I posted but never know

I’m waiting for mine to arrive…

Hi, does anyone know what is Simon’s email address? Thanks.

468924022@qq.com

Alright, thank you Simon. :slight_smile:

Anyone received their new C8?

I got mine~

Fits protected cells no problem (69.53mm length from my longest NightFire 18650)

My beam profile has a corona ring on the outside

it didn’t bother me but I know some people don’t like ringy beams?
not sure if its a common beam profile in all C8 or just this new C8 with new reflector

All my lights have these rings. I think its normal. The outer ring come from the glass I think because its turn blue when I use AR glass.
Do you see at the center a flower shape close to a white wall ? That mean the led is perfectly focused.

I don’t think that’s considered a “ringy beam.” It looks like a reasonably smooth beam from the center out to the edges. The bezel is always going to create some sort of shadow at the extreme edge of the beam.

Well I guess my doubts have been cleared~

Loved the light so much.
I bought it because I tested my friends C8 clone with an old xml t6 emitter (Dikalong C8 from somewhere in Taobao)

Receiving the new redesigned Convoy C8 makes the Dikalong feels terrible as the Convoy felt super solid. :bigsmile:

What’s with the deal about the redesigned tailcap?
I see a huge discussion about it but I don’t really find a problem having a spring tail vs a brass cap tail

Just an update: extension tube from FT (this one) does not work with new Convoy C8.
It did fit nicely on old Convoy C8 thou…

correct me if I’m wrong.

do I turn this clockwise to unscrew it? or the other way round? it sure is screwed tight inside.
it’s the only part I couldn’t disassemble in this light.
I know the tailcap is clockwise to unscrew and any others are counter
just this part.

bent my strongest tweezers lol

Anti clockwise, same as the tube tread!

Bought new round tipped pliers and unscrewed it anticlockwise as you told

Got them out!