[NEW] Eagle Eye X7R 26650 XP-L - Dec 2017.

Is there more room for more copper? More mass == more heat regulation, longer DD triple time :slight_smile:

No. Well, there is more place in diameter closer to the lens, but in fact spacer will have less material than X6 because pcb cavity is deeper and there is no flat surface inside as in X6.

Driver retaining ring ID is 15.5mm. Seems that 2-side 20mm drivers wont fit.
17mm drivers with 17/20mm brass driver adapter wont fit too - adapter is too thick.
This host is interesting because it can accomodate two 26350.
Is there any 20mm one-side buck driver?

How could I resist?

How could you find where it is for sale?

GearBest. $19.59.
I have over 160 lights, finding em has never been my problem, resistance? Futileā€¦

I got one of these in NW and the output seemed quite weak. I would have estimated 700 lumens or so. I did a quick resistor mod and now it tests approx. 1,150 lumens NW. Are other people receiving these with such low outputs or is everybody simply converting this light into something else and not concerned with the stock driver output? It seemed odd to have been so low after seeing the stock X6 performance so I donā€™t know if itā€™s just the one I got or the way they are supposed to be.

I got 670 lumens @ 30 sec.

I received my x7 a couple weeks ago actually and havenā€™t had any trouble with any 26650 cells. Although they do fit very, very snug. I was thinking that possibly something might have happened to freemeā€™s so that it has just a bit of discontinuity to it and thus the cells donā€™t fit. Iā€™m fairly satisfied with this light with just an r120 resistor. Then itā€™s only my third or fourth mod so Iā€™m pretty much excited about anything.

Would like to get into building triples and quads as well building up hosts using xhp35, 50, 70 emitters. I think Iā€™ll just narrow my list down to that for now. Other than multiples of said emitters in mule type 10,000 + lumen format. For the moment will likely just try and find another light to throw an R120 onto though, itā€™s the only resistor class I have.

Yeah, thatā€™s just about what mine was, though I didnā€™t actually check it before soldering the resistor. After, I get 1,150 though which is only what it should have been in the first place imo.

Manage to slip in a piece of Keeppower 26650 5200mAh. Remember to isolate the (-) pole (brass driver retaining ring and surrounding alu) to avoid internal short-circuit due the extra large (+) anode contact surface of KP 26650.

A good quality 26650 to 18650 conversion tube that I have acquired recently. Rattling sound no more.

I have all the same batteries. Even the one in the 18650 tube,. Pani NCR18650b protected BT. Funny thing with my protected KP 5200s. I had them in a 2x 26650 XHP70 Kaidomain light that has infinit switch on it and was slightly left on but not even enough to put out light. The protected KPs were at 0.0v. when I checked them. Can I ask if you know, that just the protection circuit doing itā€™s thing or did they really drain down all the way? They did charge back up, I did slow charge, and seem ok now. But yeah, those are some decent batteries. Also, how much for the 18650 tubes? Thanks for the pics.

I didn't get it from Fasttech, but the measurements are same 65mm x 26mm | 19.1mm inner diameter
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10003060/1228900-18650-to-26650-battery-converter

Thanks for the link freeme. $4. for two tubes a little steep for me. I think Iā€™ll go for tape on my cheapo tubes as a solution. Pretty nice though. :sunglasses:

It seems that a disc brake honing tool for $10 might be the solution to fitting bigger batteries. This wouldnā€™t be the first flashlight to have a quirk. :slight_smile:

Maybe on the next production run they can open the tubes up a little.

How are people getting such low output from 2.8 amps? Ah, I see it was measured at 2.5 amp. If people are adding resistor to increase output then I guess it is not based on 7135 chip.

Does anyone know what driver is used or have pictures of it?

Having to add a resistor to get it to rated output is kind of a bummer, but we can do it. Maybe a R500 would bring it to 2.8?

Eagle Eye is usually good about rated power, maybe the 2.5 amp is just due to early production run and they will update it on later versions.

Hopefully, I've liked the concept of this light since first seeing it (and even more after reading the price).

Can anybody tell me how to disassemble the switch?

Just screw out round plate from the tail. Use ring pliers or smth similar to apply force to two of five holed on it.

Thank you! I got it :wink:

Amazingly soā€¦