New Fireflies T1R Mini Thrower-- Release date 25th Jan

Couldn't agree more!

And Like JaredM says - the appeal is the size and the UI. I have been torn for awhile wanting to try the X1L because of its pocket-ability (i know from owning and liking the X9L) / pocket clip, TIR optic, CULNM1 (i've never owned this LED) and 21700 capability - but the UI has stopped me every time i almost pulled the trigger.

Having all of the nice features with the bonus of Anduril is exciting. Plus, the T1r looks to be smaller than the X1L, so even better. I have a feeling this T1r will be giving my KR1's a run for their money, as that is still my all time favorite pocket thrower.

Thanks, Angus. Makes sense. The throw/size ratio with the T1R looks impressive. Plus the other features sweeten the deal. And I’m really getting on board with a “homogeneous UI” approach now, preferring to stick with Anduril on e-switch lights.

There was one (I’m pretty sure) offered as a prize in the Old lumens competition last year, initially I chose it then PP sent me his own Emisar light instead - I just wondered had the person who chose it ever received it - or were they still waiting - so far as I remember it was a prototype of sorts.
Scallywag - Fireflies T1R from Fireflies - and no they didn’t as i asked

Where is this picture? I KNEW i saw a dark forrest green somehwere, i was searching every where to show u/TacticalGrizzley a couple week ago!

Got ya, sorry i just read your comment a couple times and didn't understand what you were saying. But after your explanation i realize it was just because i did not have the context, my bad. Sucks to hear that u/Scalleywag didn't receive this light yet..

Also - i wonder if FireFlies will be doing the Army green body color or not?

here is proof ARMY GREEN was at least considered in the beginning of this lights life.

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/64054/62

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/64054/74

The fact that the new e07 re-release is only available in 2 colors makes me feel FireFlies will not be introducing a 4th body color for this light.

If you cant tell, i like green lights.

EDIT: Thanks to Gchart for screen capturing the only proof i can find that there was a green prototype.

I’m hoping there’s a SBT90.2 version of this, for silly people like me that like ridiculous lights.

Manker did a SBT90.2 version of their MC13 mini thrower so Fireflies doing it with the T1R can’t be impossible.

Firefly-outdoor dot com has photos of the colors. My browser is giving me a security warning for that site now so no links

^ does the site actually load for you? Trying to proceed after the security warning, the site still won’t load.

yea i cant get the site to work for me even after adjusting my security settings

JaredM, I love you.

Love you too Artie :beer:

Did this project ever make it to production?

It’s on it’s way I hope/think and one I will probably get :smiley:

Yes, everything i have heard - this one is happening. So i really hope it comes soon. But at this point, whats another month.. or two..

Maybe they meant January 25th, 2022 :slight_smile:

I sure hope so. I’ve been waiting on this light for awhile. It seems like the perfect pocket thrower for me and I desperately want to buy one.

Gotta watch out for this one. Looks sweet.