New Fireflies T1R Mini Thrower-- Release date 25th Jan

Yea, this is my most anticipated new light so far this year. more so than the new hank thrower, once i found out the size of the new Hanklight.. i was kindve hoping his wouldve been more in line with the T1r size.. a pocketable edc "thrower"..

But alas, we are waiting for the T1r.. which doesn't seem hopeful too soon as we notice all of the FireFlies with regulated drivers "selling out" on the website.. looks like the driver/chip/whatever shortage is pretty bad..

maybe Jack will surprise us before the Holidays..

Other than the cell size (and T1R should be available with 21700 tube), the hank thrower should be similarly sized. IIRC, same exact TIR is being used.

It’s not the same size. Hank’s is 4mm larger at the head and they use different optics. Hank’s also just has a much thicker head and neck, whereas the fireflies tapers down sooner.

yea, you know they are closer than i thought, the pics of Hank's new light makes it look so girthy.. this T1r doesn't look so large. With the 22430 battery + tube it would be a nice pocket thrower.

FWIW, the 22430 battery Jack has been supplying is a great battery. I use it often with my e07x's, and have it on order for my E07's as well. I would definitely set the T1r up with it, as the 10amp CDR would be perfect for the CULNM1 and 6amp CC driver.

EDIT: I just found the pics of the new hank thrower on reddit again, and in the hand it is actually smaller than i had been remembering it as. It will be good ;)

I’m more excited for a probable buck driver in the T1R versus the fet-based linear driver we’re sure to see in the Hank

well, actually - hank is using a 12v and 6v led, so there will a boost driver at minimum. the 3v will be CC driven im sure.. Now i really dont know how the boost driver compares to the buck driver, i know probably not as efficient perse, or depending on a number of things, but it is nice to see!

but yes, the FireFlies driver is really nice.

Good point. I was thinking for Osrams, but the Nichia is the real reason to be excited for the Hank. And Boost is pretty efficient when done well.

Does any one know what is going on with the website it has been down for atleast a week now

It was up on Friday so not a week - yet…

https://firefly-outdoor.com/ was another site with firefly torch info on it and it now shows as expired certificate so maybe some IT issues.

Yea i had it up on friday as well. wierd though its not up now..

I opened up a case with Jack over a week ago, regarding an order I placed. An item was missing. No response to the two emails I sent to the ff-light email (hotmail account). I hope everything is OK with Jack…

I am worried too.

Also black week is conning up I think a lot of people have been waiting for his black day discount.

Seem like he have not either paid the web hotel bill or he have deleted his website…

I hope it is not because business is gong slow… Many wait for black Friday I think.

I don’t think Jack does black friday. It’s not a Chinese thing.

i agree, and i think FireFlies is fine. i was emailing with Jack last week. These glitches happen on sites, even Hank's and even here at BLF. I dont think its a problem, or at least i have confidence it is not.

Got a response from Jack, told me the site will be back up and running in 12 hours time.

Emailed Jack about the release date, he said “probably next year” as the driver components are the only thing that’s missing.

Wonder if the backlights will be RGB as in the DM11, or if it’s single colour.

The top post says they are RGB

Doh!

It’s been a while since the top post, to my defense! ; )