New flashlight company: Imalent. Flashlights with display

I would, but not enough money right now. Maybe next month...or for Xmas.

Was hoping to pick on up cheap off ebay, but dont look like it will happen. I would prefer a control ring anyways

I like advances in flashlight tech, and if I had the money I’d get one. I’ve never heard of the company so I have my reservations. It’s cool I’d want to try it and I’d want to show it off at work ( all the baby boomers at work would think it was amazing and Star Trek like)

I’ll wait to read a review, before I consider it. Wish it was infinitely variable :wink:

If it passes Foy’s shower and submersion tests I’d be very interested in the smaller one.

Warning: This post contains material that may be offensive to some.

I have a friend who uses his TouchScreen SGSII to track his ski routes and times on track set trails at his local Nordic Center. As it is often too cold to take his gloves off, he prefers to manipulate the touch screen with his nose (those capacative gloves still have a ways to go unless you live S. of the 49th parallel). In light of this, I could not help but wonder, for winter users, how this light will look when the screen is iced over with snot? Perhaps it heats up enough to thaw the screen at –20C at least to the slime stage?

BTW, does anyone know what the term ‘Imalent’ means?

Well, there are other, less snotty, appendages that he could use… :party:

Ha, well spotted, I should have seen that one coming! I’ll be sure to tell him, but already I can anticipate a question about frost bite, probably about as serious as having a rattlesnake strike the same appendage in Texas!

I was hoping a representative from Imalent would chime in by now. Did anyone get a response regarding a possible group buy?

The light like the Land Rover of the car!!

No response yet.

Is it just me or does anyone else suspect that parasitic drain is likely a real concern with this design?

Shirley the light from the screen would get annoying, esp where there is no ambient lighting around you?

I guess there is a possibility that the screen illumination has a time out.

They look really cool. I like the DD4R model, it looks like a Nitecore TM26, but with a touch screen disaply, and uses 4 18650s in parallel, so that should give a good runtime, especially on lower settings.
Now what is the price is the big question before i will jump on this light to buy . :slight_smile:

Those are really nice-looking lights, but one thing bothers me.
That would be the reliability of the whole electronic control thingy.
Seems like an overly-complicated control interface with many components that could fail over time.
It’s not like simply changing a tail-switch or anything….

Well folks, looking on Ebay I found a DD4R for “buy it now” of $179 USD. Even if we get a group buy the price is still going to be pretty high, more than I want to pay.

Edit: Found one on completed auctions that sold for $160 USD.

DEFINITELY not trying to be a TM26 clone there…

Its a bit to expensive untill this new brand proves itself before i will pay that much for what looks to be a modified clone of a TM26.

I’m wondering what this light achieves beyond what a tactile ramping switch offers? In the end it’s still more about the light that it emits out the front, and any potential buyer would have to ask is it worth the extra $100.00 or so just for the fancy switch? Why not just make the light bluetooth, and then you could use your Android device to switch it and more with an even larger screen.