NEW: Foursevens Preon Penlight

These look great! I’m getting one for my wife for sure. Regulated, AAA alkaline, 180 lumens with memory, no PWM. Sold! :slight_smile:

And they don’t look cheap at all, nicely made and well designed from the video. Here’s a screenshot from the video with the light on Hi…

If you like it, go for it :bigsmile:

But do yourself a favour and use it with Lithium AAAs. You certainly don't want a $50 flashlight ruined by $0.99 alkaleak batteries...

I might be interested if they also made the thing write. Like, maybe, a Fisher space pen with a 180-lumen light built in to the other end. And black or rainbow titanium nitride coating. I have one of the Fisher “stowaway” pens for on-the-go use and it’s a very handy little thing. I’m rather tempted by the rainbow space bullet too.

But as is, I’d rather spend the money on something else. For $4 more than the FourSevens price, I could get a 1xAA Zebralight… or for a few dollars less I could get a 1x16340 infinitely-variable RRT01 or EYE10 or even V11R. Either way, it’s more output, more levels, and a form factor I like better.

At $[Censored] I couldn't resist (IS 17% off + BLFUSER)

Edit: Price removed to make rojos happy

I was fixing to jump on at 4Sevens and pay full price for this! Thanks for the heads-up on the discount at IS!

And also thanks for the advice on the Lithium primary AAA Steve, think I’ll do just that. :wink:

My wife is a Certified Nurses Assistant at the hospital, I’m sure a nice light like this will come in very handy day to day and not look the least bit out of place when clipped into her scrub dress’ pocket. Might even impress some Doctors enough to convert em into flashaholics! lol

It needs a Nichia 219…

That's what I said in the IS thread.

But then again.. I have some Nichia 219s waiting for hosts & some ideas how to use the XP-G2.. ;)

In that setting I think it would be perfect! I was trying to imagine scenarios where most lights would look conspicuous.

+1. Sometimes having a light on your person really can save the day. This would let you wait for that special moment without blowing your cover beforehand :stuck_out_tongue:

A high-CRI Nichia would perfectly complement potential flashlight use in medical settings…actually any setting. Maybe Craig and/or Calvin can talk 47s into making a special run of ’em :heart_eyes:

That’s a great idea, BLF run of Nichia 219’s at a special price of only $45 ea.! :slight_smile: Or I’ll disassemble it and swap out the XP-G2 for the 5000K Nichia 219 I have on hand that is supposed to make 475 lumens at 1.5A. :wink:

Do I have to wait til Mother’s Day to give it to her? I got her the blue one as blue is her favorite color. Shhhhhhhh! I’ll let Demolition Dan give it to her so it’ll be more special. (our 5 year old) So I still have to get flowers huh? Dang this one’s getting expensive! :wink: Still have to acquire some Energizer Lithium AAA Primaries, or do y’all think it’d run fine on a couple of Eneloop AAA’s? (got those already)

Edit: Note to self…can’t let lil d know what he’s giving her or she may never see it!

No worries there, it'll run fine on eneloops. I just thought you wanted to use primaries, so I pointed you towards the lithium AAAs

Hey did y’all catch the bit about the head being a unit and easily swappable for emitter upgrades? So perhaps an addition of the Nichia 219 would be as easy as screwing a new head on. Bingo! Sounds great to me!

Thanks for that. No, really. I needed another flashlight. I just bought a Zebralight SC52. Why shouldn’t I buy a FourSevens pen light. Because it has an XP-G2 and I love the way an XP-G2 looks?

Dammit. I bought one. I will sell more lights to make up for it.

[EDIT] DAMMIT! I forgot to use the coupon code. That’s my punishment for buying another flashlight.

Can we ALL agree not to put final price after promo code?

Off-topic: What you said above reminded me of something (it happens :)!). We’ve had the same family doctor for 10+ years, and I know that he’s unusual, because he started out as an engineer, before he switched to medicine.

Anyway, awhile ago, I decided to give him a small gift, and took a Coast G10 to one of my appointments, and then handed it to him. It was like the “kid in the candy shop”. He was totally blown away by it :)!

I don’t know if he uses it (or is allowed to use it) in his practice, but needless to say, he really loved that little (at the time) AAA light!

Maybe the beginnings of flashaholism :)??

Jim

What color is everyone getting? Looking real good.

Fixed that for you.

Thank you! You really didn’t have to do that. The discount on the light was already impressive! I will be sure to buy another strip of Nichia 219s from you for my next project :smiley:

It seems particularly important to have high CRI for medical uses… Ever try to look into your own mouth with a 6500K low-CRI emitter? A Nichia 219 version of this seems like it’d be almost perfect for doctors and nurses.

Mmmmmmmmm….Mocha.