New from VA

Hello everyone, I’m from Virginia. I was introduced to Emisar/Noctigon flashlights three months ago by r/flashlight. Unfortunately, Reddit’s changes may mean that r/flashlight won’t be around for much longer or that it won’t be nearly as good as it has been.

I like the size and output of my d4v2 with sst-20s, but I’m not sure how durable it will be. I’m still looking for the perfect flashlight.

3 Thanks

Welcome!

It is hard to find a flashlight that is perfect for every situation! The D4V2 is really great as a pocket carry.

I can’t speak to the durability first-hand because mine don’t take much abuse. I did accidentally drop an an aluminum D4V2 with a steel bezel onto some concrete this winter. It sustained a few small dings and that was the extent of the damage.

I think there was actually a reddit user who posted photographic proof of torture tests he did on the D4Sv2 (the 26650/26800 variant) and it held up pretty well. So I think if you don’t get a lemon they are fairly tough.

It’s a pleasure to have you onboard, Davy!

What does Reddit and their management decisions have to do with flashlights.

Anything your D4V2 feels like it’s lacking? Sounds like you want something more stout?

It doesn’t, but it affects the way the Moderators and some users access the content.

This thread may offer some additional information:

Yeah that’s pretty much it. I’ll use it for hunting, camping, and random mechanic work. It’s likely going to be dropped and bashed around a bit. It’s too good to not use but I’d be annoyed if something actually happened to it.

Then too the switch feels a bit frail for any kind of extended use.

It is u/pointydogelbows you can still find the posts in the wayback machine