New guy who likes to tinker

Welcome to BLF Travis,
Can’t see much on the first picture but I like the look of the S2+ on the second one.

Sweet mod! Welcome to BLF :+1:

Nah that thing makes too much power to act up in it. I only daily it when my son breaks his truck and has to use mine lol.

And yea, I’m down.

I did start doing a little modding. Swapped some mcpcb’s a couple nights ago in a couple lights. I was just about to order a few emitters to try and mount them on existing boards. I’m 100% positive I can do it. I’ve got a long background in 12v electronics and done repairs. I just ordered some silver solder. Hopefully it’ll work, flows at 430f.
I have a lathe, mill, bandsaws, tig (aluminum, stainless, carbon) mig and a plasma cutter, 3d printer, and a few other things. The only thing is I can’t cut threads on my lathe unless I have a tap or die. But I can still fabricate a bunch of stuff….which is what I absolutely love doing. I built the turbo kit for my car, the complete exhaust, manifold and even a complete stainless dual mode muffler. I have a powder coat oven, a blast cabinet and a couple air dry cerakote colors. So I’m equipped to do a few things. Lol :joy:

I’ll post some more pics of the convoys, and maybe some before and after pics of beam shots after swapping the mcpcb. i put a throwy osram emitter in one and the t2…took a little machining on the lathe to get the board to fit the t2…

Welcome from arky. I have a pretty good stash of s2+s. I modded a few earlier on but have gotten lazy here lately.

What year is your goat? I have a 87 s10 blazer with a 383 with dana 60s under it sitting on 35s as my DD. A 91 sonoma sitting right now gettin ready for a ls2 as soon as I can find a cheap 6 speed manual.

Its a 2004 with a bunch of 06 upgrades on it. I didn’t know anything about them or the differences when i bought it, had I known, i would have gotten and 05-06. But then regretted it when I built the turbo kit. The radiator lines are routed different and it much more difficult to navigate intercooler piping on the 05-06. I built a kit for an 06 after I did mine and I’ll never do it again.

1 Thank

Welcome Travis! Be careful with those S2+'s, they multiply like rabbits.

2 Thanks