New guy who likes to tinker

I joined candle power forums a couple weeks ago and that prim just seems really ho hum. Hopefully is busier here.
From Louisiana, I like to tinker, modify, build, rebuild and improve things. I’m no stranger to electronics either.
Here’s an example.
Love these convoy lights. Hidden gems if you ask me. I have several, I wanted to try and dress a couple up so I chucked the bodies up in my lathe and shaved them down an epoxied a canon sleeve on them and one I machined a copper trim ring.

IMG_1115

5 Thanks

And one more

6 Thanks

Those look great! Hope to see more mods. Welcome!

Have a nice time here, Kfxguy!
I like Convoy flashlights as well, though lately I’ve been into Convoy throwers.

That’s why I swapped emitters in the t2 and s2+. I put an osram CSLNM1.TG in both of them. Helped a lot. I dedomed one of my tool a A’s and that helped. I order a lumintop GTA last week also. Just to see how good it is.

1 Thank

Those look great!
I’m a bit of a S2/S2+/S2 Plus fan myself:

3 Thanks

The CSLNM1 works even better in a S2(non +)/S6/S8

1 Thank

Hey there @Kfxguy , great to have you here! I hope you enjoy your time here and find a lot of useful information.

4 Thanks

This is my Convoy EDC, with an XHP70.3 HI emitter for plenty of lumens and some throw.
https://www.aliexpress.com/i/2255800253418541.html
It barely fits in my pocket, so it’s kinda ridiculous to EDC it. :raccoon:

Convoy isnt a hidden gem around here, it’s a very well known gem. Welcome to the club!

Those ones look awesome btw. I like that carbon fiber look. Definitely stealing that

Just to elaborate on that- it’s cuz they have a deeper reflector :+1:

3 Thanks

That’s a big boy!

I’ll look, I’m pretty sure I have a s2 Also. I need to get all my lights together and see what I have. I also have one that looks like a s2 but has a micro usb charge port.

1 Thank

I’m not sure if my replies show you guys quotes according to my reply? I don’t see it on my end. This format is different than any other forum.

4 Thanks

:grin:

Hello Travis — Welcome to the beginning of no end :money_mouth_face:
I’m in Baton Rouge — Where do you stay

I live in Watson. I work on siegen lane. Originally born and raised in Baton Rouge. Ever seen a red turbocharged GTO with the intercooler visible in the front bumper? That’s me.

Shows as a reply, original can be viewed by clicking the avatar of the user you’re replying to.

If you’re on a mobile device, select the text you want to quote then a “quote” button will appear.

Nice work with the CF convoy!

Thanks!

WOW-- Was that you driving like a Nut yesterday — JK

We might have to get together sometime — I’ve got some Good Shit – Also if you’re gonna start Modding I might have some stuff to hand you down

Also I have a WHOLE BUNCH of cells