*** NEW *** Haikelite SC26 XHP35 26650/26350 aka Fatty ***Update*** 2018-07-24

Now I got it to get hot. Did not have to unscrew the tail cap . From on , 10 quick clicks and then 3 flashes. Turn off after the third flash for 65. Light should turn off and then back on. All previous attempts , the light did not turn back on . For what ever reason , after numerous tries, it now gets hot before stepping down. The UI seems very finicky as to how various clicks result in thermal control and lock out.

I just checked with lux meter. I have two SC26 lights both running the Imalent 26350 cell. I haven’t changed temperature setting, so I assume it’s stock, therefore 45 degrees C. Ambient temperature is room temperature.

Sample 1: Step-down at ~1 minute 20 seconds, and it takes about 25 seconds for the output to drop until about 1/4 of the initial value.
Sample 2: Step-down at ~1 minute 5 seconds, and it takes about 25 seconds for the output to drop until about 1/4 of the initial value.

So with an initial output of ~2000 lumens, output step downs to ~500 lumens

I reprogrammed temperature setting to 65 degrees C, and waiting for about 15 minutes for the lights to cool to room temperature again to redo the tests.

At 65 degrees C:

Sample 1: ~2 minute 30 seconds, and it takes about 25 seconds for the output to drop until about 1/4 of the initial value.
Sample 2: ~1 minute 50 seconds, and it takes about 25 seconds for the output to drop until about 1/4 of the initial value.

I also found UI is finicky too.

Sometime double clicking backward and forward got the mode stuck in turbo.

Wish it can start moon when first ramping the switch……like narsil firmware

someone contact TA, see if he can make a driver for it.

I was wondering when people would start talking of modding this light. I wonder how it might perform as a triple. So much room for a nice big spacer for the heat.

That said, I really like it as-is and I find the beam and power and runtime very nice.

I don’t have a problem with mine at all, and quite like the UI. Not a nervous clicky finger guy though

Yes we know user interface is not good… i am keeping the stock version because of the price…

If we can get TA driver , then i am down.

I am finally switch both of my sc26 to the group 4. 2 lumen, 20, 150, 750, 1200, and 2050…

It is so much easier to switch back between last mode and turbo mode…

I already did due to the SC26’s UI being horrible. TA said (and hopefully I paraphrase this correctly) he doesn’t really have any intention on making a driver for this. He foresaw the issues way before it was put into production, voiced an opinion, and Haikelite went upon their merry way.

Unless we get a massive amount of people together (probably 100), TA doesn’t intend to make one.

I also contacted Lexel, but never got a response. Although, he is undergoing surgery so I haven’t pushed real hard at a follow up.

So I now have 2 pretty expensive paperweights. Hopefully my D4S gets here soon and I can forget all about the SC26!

d4s rocks!

Yeap…

Yes , Narsil has spoiled me but I still find the SC26 OK , just not perfect.

I assume it still steps down to 450 when in groups ?

I just tested the turbo mode in the morning… ambien temp is 72f or 22.2 c. it didn’t step down after 2 minutes… I turn off the light after 2 min… the light is just warm…

Thanks, to me it is a light that fits in a pocket, has long run times at 450, and a pretty impressive turbo. $32 is a good buy, if it keeps on keeping on. :+1:

BG cancelled my order. :frowning:

Any chance to nevertheless get the cells? Would it be useful to ask the CS to restore the order and wait some more?

It seems like SC26 used time stepdown for turbo mode. No matter with fan cooling or not, it stepdown after 2 minutes.

thats weird, no explanation in mail, u had that happen before or? u should contact them because the light is not sold out or anything so strange…

Ah, I wrote in the wrong thread.
BG did not cancel my order for SC26 but for 26350 cells.
Earlier they said they had no in stock (despite claiming otherwise at the time of ordering).

If that is the case , what good does it do to set the temperature?