New headlamp recommendations

Hi all, once again I need the recommendations of the knowledgeable members here as I don’t have much time to keep on track of new light releases etc.

I’m looking for a new headlamp that runs on 21700 and is not an odd shape so I can make a bracket to fix it to my helmet. At the moment I’m using a Lumintop EDC18 and Lumintop FW21 Pro and as you can imagine its heavy but this isn’t so much of a problem it’s the very tight cave passages so my head is getting knocked about like no other because I mounted them on the sides of my helmet and I give up alot of horizontal head space, also I like having the FW21 to provide short bursts of high power as it’s nice to fill some very large cave/mine passages momentarily, so I’m after a headlamp that also has a very high turbo output.

Thank you all.

20240128_133100

1 Thank

Acebeam H30 ?

2 Thanks
1 Thank

Wow, that has an XHP70.2 emitter!
I wanted Simon to offer a headlight with an XHP70.3 HI emitter, but he thought that his Convoy headlights w0uld overheat too quickly.
If anyone is interested in a budget 21700 headlight with an XHP50.3 HI emitter, there’s the Convoy H3 which I’ve had my eye on for a while now.

This guy tests a lot of headlights. Here he looks at the Pro Max LR but also compares it to the Pro Max which has a very wide beam. He also compares it to an Olight, but that has a proprietary battery, and a Convoy headlight. He spends too much time showing the highest level of turbo but it’s still useful.

Here selfbuilt does a very detailed write-up with graphs of the warm pro max which is the very wide beam. Follow his links to his site.

1 Thank

Thanks for all the recommendations, willngive me something to look at later! And sadly today after going through my gear it seems ibhave lost my Acebeam X45 II

Sorry to double post but just to update, I decided to get Armytek Wizard c2 Pro Max (cool) as my first Armytek light I hope it is as robust as people say. Csnt wait to try it out, I’ve also read they are very efficent lights so that is a plus and also so is no exposed charge port.

Thanks all

I think the white was a mistake but either way get ready for an extremely wide beam. Rather than make a mount you could just mount that plastic piece onto the helmet.

1 Thank

I dont see where I said “I want to buy this”?

The reviews seems good apart from a quirky UI, I wanted a flooder and may keep my EDC18 but make a composite mount to make the overall system lighter or keep the FW21 Pro and keep that, the problem isnt so much weight its horizontal head space in very tight cave passages.

Also I considered your recommendation of Acrbeam H30 but sadly couldnt find one in stock so thats why i got Armytek

https://www.amazon.com/Acebeam-Headlamp-Rechargeable-Flashlight-Camping/dp/B07HBQFQ1H?th=1

Im in UK, i wanted to buy one ready for this weekend but the usual shop I would buy from didn’t have in stock and other places the markup was too much, circa £130, the Armytek was £99

1 Thank