New High Lumen Claim - 3800 Lumens!

looks like manafont sell a replacment driver for the TR-3T6

Triple T6 Cree Circuit Board Driver

it might work for the burnt out sky rays...

i since been told it will not work with the skyrays

My 3800 could not operate more than 10 minutes at a time, because it would get too hot to hold. Let it cool, and repeat. No gunning here, just an extreme sensitivity to heat (me).

It died a premature death, indicative of the poor drop-in to flashlight body heat conduction, as well as an over-stressed driver.

Is it too much to ask, for a light to cycle 10 minutes? Apparently so, with this drop-in.

Just mark me "disappointed", as many other 3800 owners.

I haven't found many reports of failures of the screw-in design, similar lights.

Manafont has now discontinued the drop-in model flashlight.

My 818 is seriously throttled-back, to not much more than 1.75A on high. It arrived DOA, I had to fix it before using, so it was, and still is, a disappointment as well.

Difference in output was very apparent, compared to the 3800, while working.

I'm using the 3800 as a direct-drive "wow" light, now. Wow, is all I can say.

These are all WOW lights. Even for my TK70 with lots of heat mass, it gets too hit to hold after 10 mins in max...but for that light it is driven to 3A or pretty close to that. Nothing in the market can do hours at a time, unless you are in sub-zero weather.

But things change even when you have some wind and cool weather. Just 2hrs ago I was in the server room, just about 18 deg C so nothing too cold, but i put it at the floorboard vents. With a NCR18650A at full charge, after 20 mins and the body was just a bit warm to touch. This is with a Uniquefire UF-2100 which takes 3A, and it heats up crazy/even more than the DRY. As long as the thermal path from LED to outside host body is not bad or impeded, it is not a big problem. You don't need really fancy heatsink fins. Think sombody mentioned as you double the windspeed it is double the surface area already, so even a 1m/s wind is good.

I think for most of you guys, the weather is turning cooler, as you transit to winter in 2 month's time.

I'll start running with my power hungry lights then. I need the exercise. ;-]

That'd be good! That'd be about 8-9 kph for a slow jog, if you are fit 12-14kph is not a problem.

ive taken my TR-1200 on bush walks upto 85 mins it only draws under 2 amp but thats the longest walk ive taken it on being on high the whole time most walks are 30 to 50 mins with the light on high none stop.

my TR-3T6 gets walked on high mode for around 30 to 50 mins and has done a few bench test upto 1 hour with a small dest top fan and it gets used to get wood from our wood shed just about every night.

i think the constant current seams to help...

Friends I am using Skyray 3800 Lumens Flashlight which uses 2 No-18650 ultrafire batteries. Can I use extension tube to upgrade it for 3 batteries of 18650 ? Will it damage the driver circuits? overheating? If anyone has done this please advice me.Thanks