New High Lumen Claim - 3800 Lumens!

SWEET !

This is a 2 x 18650 class light, similar in Alu mass as the Catapult series or similar. I don't see really huge fins capable on the Catapult anyway, but I guess there are slightly more fins on the Catapult....i think its more similar than different.....because passive heatsink to air heat transfer is really inefficient, you'd need quite a big amount of fins for big surface area to dissipate this kind of heat. But Catapult is a 10W light while this is a 20W light, both same emitters with similar efficiency.

Ok, another piece of good news, this light has discharge voltage protection. So it is not my Panasonic NCR18650 cells that has PCB protection kick in, but rather the light has protection. That's good. For my Ultrafire U-80 and UF-980 they do not have protection. It just runs it all the way, i'd believe its the same for P60 stuff. The cells are 3.22V so the protection offered by the driver is good! This light will not damage unprotected cells. I tried it 5X to be sure, resting between each time so the cell voltage recovers and I could activate the light again. Low cell voltage would cut the light.

RedForest UK, looks like i could have selected Current on the DMM instead of Voltage. That's why it was 0.00. :D

Anyway I manage to run it for about 60 mins on high for the Panasonic 2900s. Only 1 very brief break of about 1-2 mins in between, so its like continuous for 60 mins. So the battery capacity is quite close to 2900mAH, coz the light takes in 2.5A initially and rises to about 3.5A or maybe above that. That is no 0.5A discharge as usually tested by hobby chargers. Or take it as 20W for 60 mins, or 10W for 60mins per cell.

I will do another full bore run with active cooling on the Solarforce V2 18650 blue lettering. See how they compare. The hkequipment NCR18650s are good. Second time run and both cells discharged to 3.22V same figure! Trustfire Flames 18650s are also coming so i'll do a test.

Anyone speak thai?

Scroll down for comparison to Fenix TK35

http://www.thaicpf.com/webboard/index.php?topic=2824.0

The Single m3c4 xml is not as bright as the Skyray 3xT6

The Single m3c4 xml is not as bright as the Skyray 3xT6

what about the triple XM-L version of M3C4?

2100, I’m glad you got this light before me and that you are taking the time to post everything about it. That’s good news about the low voltage cutoff. I have two brand new hi-max waiting for this light and now I’m not worried at all.

so exactly how does this light use a 18650 and a 16340? I thought mixing cells was really bad...is it safe to use this combo from the same manufacturer? or does it even matter..thanks..looks like a purchase for me right after the post office gets back to work..

Its either 2x18650 or 4x16340

from this thread you can take out a portion of the tube to use 1 of each..

No, he just did it for a short time. It doesn't matter as long you don't run the smaller battery dry. I'm not sure it can use 3 cells, but 2100 can verify.

Hes talking about using 2x18500s without the extension.

or 3 16340s

hmm cool..shorty mode needs more info lol

No, do not use 3 x 16340. Might not be able to take the voltage. 2 cells only.

Shouldn't be a problem then. Just cycle the Hi-Max twice to run them in for full capacity (2X from fully charged to delepted status), check the voltages every now and then, it will be trouble free operation.

Guys, there are lots of cool info and beamshots / measurements of current of different 18650s here. Must read thread at thaicpf. I'll try to get more beamshots vs the Ebay 65W and stuff.

I'm definitely buying now ! Great News. Thanks 2100

Beamshots look nice!

I spent two years in Thailand and I can read what they are saying, but can't really understand much of it. It's been a while since I was there . . . over 20 years now.

Just go to google translate and paste the link.

Here is the mouse over beamshots (multiple). Follow link and then click on the pic for animation.

http://upic.me/show/25424370

You can see for yourself, but I'm loving it!!!