New IMALENT DDT40 (2016) 4*XM-L2 U4 4200lm + 2*XP-L 1190lm

New update for Imalent's 'Shark Series' model DDT40 after almost 9 months.

Features:

• Utilizes 4pcs CREE XM-L2 U4 LED,and 2 pcs XP-L LED with a lifetime of up to 50,000 hours
  • Backlit touch screen panel facilitates convenient and discreet and infinite brightness adjustment.
  • Digitally regulated output - maintains constant brightness
  • Electronic reverse battery protection
  • Thermal control
  • Memory function
  • Battery capacity indicator
  • Working voltage:2.8-9V
  • Optimized deep metal reflector maintains great throw distance and spread with an ideal beam pattern
  • Dimensions:139mm(length) x68mm(head diameter)x50mm(tail diameter)
  • Weight:380g(battery excluded)
  • Aerospace-grade aluminum alloy body
  • Military Specification Type III- hard anodized
  • Ultra-clear tempered glass lens resists scratches and impacts
  • Accessories:O-rings, Holster, Screen protector

The pictures won’t show up for me

for this marvel of technology

Nice upgrades to a cool light. Looks like they seen my Steampipe Light with the side flood light & built a more complex bigger digital version. :party:

Really hope they could hit 4K lm mark this time.

So, this flashlight has 2 designated emitters in deep reflectors for throw and 2 emitters in shallow reflectors for flood? Is that how it works?

Or (heaven forbid!) is this a flood-to-throw focusing flashlight?

The XP-L flood lights are on the sides. (the translucent square blocks)

I have a hard time visualizing how two floods (facing in opposite directions) would look as a lantern or how they could be used in a hand-held mode.

Just seems quirky, to me.

To use it as a lantern, you can place it in tailstand position or tripod mount.

JhonnyMac did a shootout comparison and you can see the light in flood mode (side leds) and throw mode 4 single reflector XM-L2 U2 in that version

There are also other nice review in which you can see clearly the light pattern and the diffusing angles.

it would have been better f they had placed the two side flood lanterns on quarter sides, not opposite. (as in facing 45 degrees apart on a side #1 and #2) I have a small lantern flashlight that has flood lanterns on opposite sides in a similar fashion, and its kind of weird with the dead light spot half way on each side.

I can’t believe that Imalent is following the ansi standard now…quite shocking. The blue is a nice touch over the red indicators from the other version.

Even after looking at the beamshots, it still seems like the side floods are such an inelegant solution. A simple diffuser over the top would do a much better job of lighting up a larger area.

Perhaps, “gimmicky” would be a better word to use, instead of “quirky”.

Group buy? :smiley:

for 20 bucks a piece in in!

Soon.

i made a review of this flashlight (2016v)

woow this is an impressive flashlight (thanks for the review!)
I’ll be following this thread