New(ish) members and FLAMING

:+1:

:+1: . +1 . Burn it down…. :wink:

In the interest of personal growth and because I may have been involved in a thread where some of this was taking place, I have to ask:

Has anyone here been offended by my posts? Perhaps a better question is “am I one of the ‘New(ish) members’ mentioned in the OP who need to turn it down?”

In the thread I’m thinking about I was (maybe… seemed like it) called out for posting off-topic (general battery safety and firmware issues) and a lot of my discussion on the subject was fairly wordy and directed at some posters I felt were being antagonistic/overly dramatic/plain ol’ angry.

This thread seems like an appropriate place to have this discussion, and I am happy to get some feedback (positive or otherwise). My intentions haven’t been to hurt or cause harm, but I can see where I might be lumped in based on the OP. Just doing some introspection… :slight_smile: I’m not too easily offended, so speak your minds.

https://images.app.goo.gl/F5nS9GvntYvxgFVw6

The op said he’s not naming or pointing fingers, or words to that effect , because it would probly start a flaming war in a non flaming thread , best not ask.

Got a match?

Is this the thread your referring to/“thinking about”?

It is.

EDIT:
I was having a bad case of this:

Captain of US oiltanker: Mayday, mayday, we are sinking.
German coastguard: Und what were you sinking about?

@ f0xx
Thanks… I missed that drama totally in real time. But I just went back & read some of it…. quite interesting… From what I have read so far, you seemed OK to me. :wink: . So that endorsement along with a couple of bucks will get you a cup of coffee. :smiley:
The “endorsement” is worth zero. :wink:

I like your cartoon…… :+1:

Your post count dwarfs mine by a bit, so I’d say your endorsement is probably worth more than mine around here. Glad to hear that I’m probably “OK” (I was certainly not trying to offend anyone). I am new to the hobby and here as well, but I love tools, electronics, and good engineering. I came here looking for a work light, found the LT1 and have been broke ever since.

I try to be helpful where I have some knowledge or experience, and I think most of the words directed to me have been pleasant and friendly.

I get the social anxiety thing that was mentioned a few posts back… working in IT and mostly with computers I don’t get tons of practice talking to humans. I think you just have to pretend everyone means what they say in the best possible way (even if it is hard). If they are trying to be a jerk it isn’t something you can fix anyway, and you sleep better at night if you give others the “benefit of the doubt” that they are either having a bad day or meant what they said in a nice way. If someone is being rude on purpose, it is their loss anyway.

Don’t let post count fool you. I post a lot of bs sometimes just to keep my buddy chops728, who lives in the Louisiana swamps with gators & snakes; entertained. . :smiley:

See… I just did it again!!:person_facepalming::smiley::wink:

I certainly commend that someone mentioned that the thread was going a little south, you noticed that it indeed was going a little haywire and dropped the case and focused on the topic on hand. You saw your mistake, owned up to it and moved forward. Not many people like to mention there mistakes and admit fault.

Police officer in England, who stops a Dutch car with a family and asks for the man’s driver license and his and his wifes age;
My wife is dirty and i am dirty too !

Hey Now—- I’m just sitting back reading and being a Good Boy—- most of what I have to say offends some body— I think its my use of particular Adverbs and Pronouns

Teach thanks for lending me that book to read—-Not enough pictures in it—— :stuck_out_tongue:

That is exactly how I live my life. People say something rude/negative/not overly helpful, Ill just assume what you said, give them the benefit of the doubt and not think of them differently. It may not be the benefit of the doubt when it is a recurring theme with them constantly.

Your face , my bum

In practice, that’s when it gets harder. I reckon that’s when it’s most important. Never be afraid to speak up if you feel like you’re getting stepped on though, nobody deserves that.

^nev
naw, my jowls can’t live up to that sag :smiling_imp:

You can’t help using the “Adverbs & Pronouns” my swampland friend… that is jist how you wuz rais-ded. Yo doin the bes you can with whut you have to work with. :wink:

Glad to lend you ‘The Book’ buddy. I know you get lonely hiding out errr, living in the Bayous & Swamps of Louisiana…. living off Crawfish & BBQ’ed Nutria. :wink:

Sorry it didn’t have enough pictures… I’ll try to do better with the next one.

But no matter what a certain someone said about ‘The Book’ …. you read it (as best you can) & apply it!! If you do, in a few years you just may be ready to rejoin society. If you want to that is.

It work-ded for me…. just took 15 years too. But I was worse off than you. :wink:

Best wishes from the AL wilderness.

Would you like me to lend you a feeling teach? I have plenty (I don’t use em much),I’d hate it if your last one got too damaged :heart_eyes: