New lathe - PM1340 - CHIPS AHOY !

Congrats on the new lathe! I have some updates on my BP mill.

Gorgeous piece of machinery there... That should keep you busy for awhile :)

Congrats, I imagine you're relieved that it finally got here.

It’s looking good. How long before you can spin her up ?
Thanks for the pics.

Thanks, guys. It's been a long wait.

@Suncoaster: I hope to be making chips by the weekend, if everything falls into place.

@Match: If I need anything bigger, I'll need to build or move. :)

@Old-Lumens: Relief is one feeling - terror another.

None of my neighbors are interested in flashlights, besides those already sporting some 3AAA/P60 legos previously gifted. They were conspicuously absent on the day the big box arrived...

Now the fun of assembling the heaviest jigsaw puzzle I've ever seen commences.

That’s serious stuff you have…I used to have a 14-incher, but on a different hobby.

Very, very nice

The leveling feet arrived today.

They are rated for 500LB each, and there are 6 required - 4 under the heavy bits, and 2 under the tailstock end.

Envy does not even begin to describe what i’m feeling right now. :cry:

Nice piece of equipment there!

:heart_eyes:

Nice to follow the progress. I must say my initial envy has changed to enthusiastic interest :-)

It's going to be a good day when she spins the first time :-)

When I was in metal shop in high school, the instructor said that the lathe is the only tool that create another of itself!

Lathe plus UPS equals neighbor . Hi, wanna borrow my lawn mower? Congrats Cx, looks like you’re in for some serious fun!

WOW!

Do you think it would fit in a flat-rate box?

I got the feet onto the base units, even though the studs were far too long to fit in the pocket. Meh; the trusty chop-saw made short work of them. The shower of sparks that was ejected from the rear of the saw was, however, quite impressive - at least ten feet of sparky fire shot out.

Here's the (almost) assembled stand. That's 4-foot t-square on top:

I'm having a hard time believing that I now have such a huge machine in my wee shop. Here's a Solarforce L2M hanging out in the smaller of the two provided chucks :

I hope to have some pics of the machine on the stand tomorrow.

Looking forward to the results!

Congratulations

What will be your first major project?
:slight_smile:

I have an FM Elephant II that needs to swallow a huge chunk of copper.

Add either 18 neutral XP-Gs or 9 Neutral XM-Ls, stir, and serve.

It will if I send a picture of it! :wink:

How big is that chuck? i recon you can turn a telephone pole if absolutely necessary.
Or perhaps make a custom rifle barrel before breakfast. I would make my own tools for starters.

Im very jealous. I must stop.

Use it in good health and a life time of projects…

That's funny . . . little M is looking pretty insignificant in that big ole' Charles.

chuckycheeseFoy