New light on Kickstarter called "DARKFADE"

I like it. If the reviews are good, I’d buy it.
I don’t understand why everyone is so negative. Sure, some of the marketing stuff is just unnecessary patting themselves on the back, but they’re not wrong. The light looks much better than any right-angle light I’ve seen, there’s no rubber flap on the USB, you can use any 18650, the Samsung LED is universally liked, the way to change brightness is interesting and might work great. All of us have dozens of flashlights that are largely the same, this is a breath of fresh air for me. I haven’t bought a new light for probably a year now, there’s just nothing interesting on the market in my two favorite categories - 18650 and 14500. Thought of getting the Skilhunt M150 but honestly their logo is so ugly that it annoys me every time I see it.
One objectively bad parameter is the price. But I’m sure after they sell the initial batches, the demand (if there is a demand in the first place) will cool down and maybe a few months down the road we’re gonna start seeing discounts.

You know, the fact that the the flashlight is supposed to have drag-and-drop software updates makes me wonder if someone can macgyver this thing to run Anduril….
Would make the whole acceleratorometer thing pointless, but it’s a funny thought!

I keep thinking… what if you’re left handed?

I’m not sure what difference that would make?

Have you ever tried to rotate your left wrist clockwise 180 degrees?

Just did it, no problem and I have nerve damage in my left hand. It’s literally no different from the right hand, you just start palm up with the left vs palm down with the right. If you have a problem doing 180 degrees clockwise with your left, do you have a problem doing 180 degrees counterclockwise?

Do you often find yourself picking up a flashlight and holding it with your palm up? Is that a supposedly easier/faster/better way to turn on a flashlight? And where is the button that must be held down while this action is being done? It’d probably be quite difficult to reach it comfortably with the light held that way. Or perhaps the light would be held reversed as well, to make the button easily reachable. But then, you’d be shining the light at yourself…

I wonder where they sourced the stainless steel bezel as it exactly looks like the one from my Skilhunt H04 RC (down do the bevel on the edges etc). Even the optics looks similar. Maybe the same manufacturer?

Aren’t their lights made in China? If so your point is moot.

Yes but there’s also no way these lights are manufactured in the USA. Maybe partially assembled, but probably not.

Nevermind about the point being moot —my statement was a non sequitur. But either way, Zebralight doesn’t have much to do with the situation.

Has it been established the ramping works from off? If not then it’s not even an issue. It’s quite simple, left hand or right hand, the light is held with the button facing upward and rotated 90 degrees either clockwise to dim or 90 degrees counterclockwise to brighten. So if the ramping does work from off, a right handed person would face the same “issue” if they wanted to turn the light on at full brightness.

It’s not even an issue,grab the light as you normally would and rotate your wrist and hit the button and proceed to hold the light in a comfortable position.

Regardless though, the light is programmable anyway, so the controls could be reversed for lefties anyway if they want it that way.

No no no