NEW Nitecore 4xAA XML U2 Light released!

Yup. No nw actually for sale, but mentioned in the nitecore pics.

Do you guys think this will have usable spill like the jetbeam pa40?

It’s an XM-L. It should have lots. From the beam shots, it looks like that’s what it does best.

Thanks, was hoping so. Just what the doctor ordered :wink:

+1. If the modes had been better spaced you’d only need 3 modes - or 4 at most.
Everything else about it looks so good :stuck_out_tongue:

Bought the light just now. Here’s my invoice. Great price, huh?

Your Order:

Item Cost:

1 Nitecore- EA4 Neutral Tint Pioneer Compact LED Searchlight –860 Lumens -Uses 4 x AA $69.95

1 SPECIALPROMOTION - 1FREE KEYLIGHTWITH ORDERS$20.00 ORMORE!
· Free-Item : Only with Keylight $1.20

Subtotal: $71.15

Discount: -$1.20

Shipping: $0.00

Tax: $0.00

11% savings: -$7.83

Total: $62.12

Is that from Battery Junction? They charge an arm and a leg for Canadian shipping.

Yes, it is. It’s free shipping in the U.S. I didn’t realize they charge a lot for Canada. That’s not fair. Then again, y’all have HID Canada up there - they’re great!

I have a very nice little neutral Sunwayman on the way from HID as we speak.

I don’t think a company with good track record like Nitecore would overrate its runtime so much - 1hr 45 minutes vs 20 minutes you guessed
Personally I think it would be at least over 1 hour on continuous turbo 860 lumen.
I don’t base that on any calculation about current and voltage but simply on existing verified performance.
Zebralight pulls 260 lumens from a single AA for 0.9 hrs (the new record is 280 lumens), four time the energy, 860 lumens is quite easy indeed for the same runtime

I still remember when XM-L was just released, I posted on CPF wishing for XM-L in single AA lights, many CPF amateur engineers dismissed that with their equations - look how many such lights are around now.

the light wont run in continuous turbo 860 lumens, it has a stepdown after 3 minutes

See Post# 30 above.

Man…Geez light…Beamshots and review please.

I thought the 11% savings expired Monday - they're still giving it?

Why moronic? Seems to be one of the few lights with some sensible modes. Maybe a few too many and I don’t know how the UI works. But very refreshing that it doesn’t have some useless low setting.

Well here it is…

http://www.batteryjunction.com/nitecore-ea4-neutral.html

I’m not the first to say this in this thread. The top mode and bottom mode are roughly 10:1. This is a ratio commonly found in 2 mode lights. So, in my opinion this light should be 2 or 3 mode tops with the current spacing.

What I would prefer is a LOW low at the very least. Modes could be better spaced too. I would prefer about 1/10/50/100% myself… which would be about 9/86/430/860 lumen… or perhaps 1/25/50/100 = 9/215/430/860 lumen would be best all-around [with 660 turbo step-down]. Something like that.

You may consider these low modes useless, but personally, I find this kind of spacing most useful in a wide variety of situations: indoor, outdoor, full dark, dim ambient light, etc. Whatever I encounter there is a fitting mode.

Yes, I understand this EA4 is being marketed as a “search light” and that is why they spaced the modes as they did… but I don’t really understand why… a real search light should use bigger/more cells for longer runtime - to perform said search on 1 load of batts! Small size should not really be a priority for a ‘search light’ in my opinion.

Conversely, smallish pocket-able lights like this are more commonly used for a variety of tasks around camp or the house, etc. You can sacrifice ultimate runtime in these scenarios. So, I would find more widely-spaced versatile modes more fitting this size and style of light and how I would use it.

That’s just me. I realize we all have our opinions. :beer:

Would the EA4 Neutral still be using a xm-l U2 led?

XM-L T6 4C probably. Maybe 3C.

They extended it through Tuesday. I figured you guys would be all over this deal….You can lead a horse to water but….