NEW NITECORE EA41 NOW WITH XM-L2, 960 LUMENS, DOUBLE BUTTON, AND FIREFLY 1 LUMEN

Looks great, i need one now. GB?

NITECORE EA41

Calling 1 lumen a firefly mode is a bit of a stretch, but at least Nitecore is going in the right direction. I wish they and other flashlight manufacturers would make the button area more pronounced.

Nice!
Price range?

Didn't this thing have a really thin pill without much heat sinking?or something like that ?I wonder if that is improved as well.

10 to 1 it’s still the same.

As long as the marketing department considers "Incredibly lightweight to reduce burden" a major selling point they're not likely to fix that.

THe EA4 had fallen from my want list, somehow I am replacing it with this. Over all it looks like a better light.

Better modes, dual switch, stepdown after 20 minutes instead od 5 and it’s even brighter now. Sounds good!

Groupbuy???

Nice! And the NW version?

I’m with SB on the NW version.

Want.

More info here.

http://www.nitecore.com/productDetail.aspx?id=126#.U7RNwLFrqwQ

About $70?

Don’t see any reason for this after getting my D40A which replaced my problematic EA4.

Because they’re direct competitors, I cant see a point of having two almost identical lights as well. On the other hand I’d choose EA41 becuse of voltage meter, not separated lowest mode and longer time before stepdown.

I guess. Although the moonlight mode works very well on the D40a. There’s no reason I’d ever scroll through to find it, so it’s convenient that it’s a slightly long press from off. That way there’s no guess work about which was the last mode I was on. Plus, it’s saved in mode memory after you use it just in case… so really I guess I prefer it the way the D40 has it.

i would consider a group buy on this.
i had one of the ea-4 L2 models.
i liked it.

These lights are close enough now that owning one means there's almost no reason to buy the other. Previously I liked the D40A a LOT better. There's still one thing that still annoys me about both lights, and that's that the batteries are inserted in different directions. I don't trust myself to do that in the dark. If Sunwayman wants a big answer to the EA41, doing that without a battery carrier is the way to do it.

I have a EA4W, this looks like an improvement in the right direction, at least with the switch so far.