New: Noctigon Meteor M43 ; in production New color added: Tan

A few pics only. I just got home. I got the Nichia 219B version.

Comparing the size to a Zebralight S6330vn.

Maksym,

Thank you for your help and also your humor, LOL! If everyone in the Ukraine is that funny, my family will have to visit (we hope and pray the situation at the border calms down). So yes, I’ll keep my Nitecore i4. The only question is which button-top battery to buy - IMR or IMR/Hybrid. Choices, choices…. Currently I am looking at the LG INR18650MH1 3200mAh battery but can’t find button tops (I don’t want to solder buttons but maybe I should be open to it) or the Orbtronic IMR/Hybrid 2900mAh battery.

http://www.mtnelectronics.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=59_88&product_id=498&sort=p.price&order=ASC&limit=100

$8.05 ea.

-Chuck

^+1

That’s a good price/good battery - looks like IMR/Hybrid. The button top is a bit shallow/flat but its still there. I wonder if it’ll need a bit of solder anyway. If you get some, please let us know if it makes decent contact or if you need to put a blob o’ solder on it. Thanks for the link.

Carl,

I can’t afford a M43, so I am the wrong guy to ask. - Just an interested bystander.

Contact Richard at Mountain - Since he has the batteries and will have the lights, He is the Man to ask!

Richard was part of the M43 ‘pass-a-round’ that they did, and are still doing, I believe.

He was good enough to include a set of these when he passed it along, just so everyone could be on the same playing field: (someone please correct me if I am wrong about which ones they were)

http://www.mtnelectronics.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=59_88&product_id=467&sort=p.price&order=ASC&limit=100

If you are in the USA, you are not gonna find a better battery seller than MTN Electronics. - Richard is ‘RMM’ here in the Forum. - Yes, He’s one of us!

You can find his ongoing sales thread here:

Thanks,
-Chuck

Chuck, thank you for the info and link. Richard even has a nice discount for BLF members - decent! I am also just a bystander watching all of the rest of the nice folks here get their M43. Its getting more difficult not to jump in and stop being a spectator though!

I wonder… with this light TRYING to pull maximum power, is it wise to use an XXXFire cell? Protected cells will probably trip the protection and shut down if Turbo tries to pull too much current, but an inferior cell might be huge problems in a light like this.

It’s not like the driver is adjusting output according to the quality of cell used, is it? I know there have been comments made about the driver monitoring the cells, but it can’t monitor individual cells in this set up, just the “battery” of 4.

(For noobs, an individual cell is called a cell, a group of cells is called a battery. :wink: )

LOL! So funny! Yes, Ultrafire does indeed inflate their numbers.

I’m gonna be holding out for the really good ones - The 10,000mAh.

-Chuck

It's not like you have some NCR18650B like some assume but with inflated capacity, the problem with the 6800mAh Ultrafire is not capacity but this:

I waited to see the review of one of these before purchasing (thanks mhanlen). Was hoping the light would be as impressive as what it was in the review. If there is anyone on the fence with this thing, you are crazy! I was more than surprised with both the quality and the amount of light this thing puts out! Very very impressed!

I was a little concerned about the UI being confusing, but after watching the video Hank posted up that helped out a bunch. UI 2 is the sweet spot for me. Read through the diagram in the user manual so that you know how to operate it for the first time, after that its pretty intuitive. Also if you end up turning on or off a flashing indicator or button background while learning the UI, its easy to fix, just follow the manual.

No need to sit on the fence boys waiting for a different UI, this light is awesome!

nashvagas,

I know for sure that you are from Nashville, as Nashvegas is what we always called the Big City when I lived in Pleasant View, TN:-)

Thanks for the report!

I do miss Home…
-Chuck

Indeed from Nashville, most people don’t know what Nashvegas stands for and ends up thinking I’m Nash from Vegas….

Have a friend that lives out near Pleasant View, its not that far away. I’ve lived here all my life, and if you’ve been gone long its really grown up in the past 2-3 years. Tourism is through the roof, I blame it on that TV show, cant even get into a decent bar or restaurant now because everywhere you go its packed with tourists. Used to not be that way, just the same kick ass bars and restaurants as today, but could walk right into 2-3 years back.

I thought I read somewhere this light was intended to be only for a limited number of units, but I can’t find any post which says that. So I assume this light, for now, is an ongoing production light, is this correct?

Been playing with mine now for a few days and I think the UI is brilliant, i have been using UI1 mostly. I would absolutely hate it on a 1000 lumen light or a clicky light but on a monster like this with a electronic side switch, its very nice to be able to turn on directly into low, high or turbo mode from off. I also really like the momentary turbo option from any mode, this light heats up so fast that the momentary option is a useful way of conserving turbo action for when you need it, and after 6 seconds it stays on anyways. My primary EDC light is a zebralight H600 mk2 and I like the M42 UI even better than the zebralight (now second best UI ever IMHO) as its almost impossible to start on high when your trying to get low accidentally like i do with the H600 every second time I try it. Finally the multi-color back-lit button is just way too cool. Definitely my current best light ever.

cncyana, pretty sure Hank said he was going to make 300 units. I have no idea if there will be more after that.

That would be a shame. Do all this work designing and prototyping and limit it to only 300. I sure hope that’s not the case.

After playing with the UI1, I fully agree. Its an awesome UI!

I've got the tracking number this morning for mine from Richard. It should be in my hands Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest. :D.

One of the reasons I pulled the trigger on this was the promise of it being an exclusive light. I for one don't want to see it go mass produced.