New: Noctigon Meteor M43 ; in production New color added: Tan

Little known fact: Dale’s wife’s name is “Mal”

I have IMPLANTS? :open_mouth:

You obviously haven't seen the movie...oh wait, you probably did but forgot about it already!

And my money is almost ready!!

The sample or actual stock for sale??

The sample.

Well, what does ‘tracking’ say?

-Chuck

can’t wait for sample review :slight_smile:
saving money for this light since last month,if it good i’m planning to get nichia version

Me too!

-Chuck

Looks like it will probably be here tomorrow.

Thank you!

-Chuck

WOW, review(s) incoming....

Still saving money for it...

I don’t think I remember another light in recent memory which was so enthusiasticly anticipated. Perhaps I need to reexamine this light. Till now I kinda dismissed it as yet another expensive light I can’t afford.

The Meteor has impacted. I think that this thing goes far beyond the typical budget lights that you're used to seeing, and in many aspects beyond most of the "high end" lights as well. There is even a very complete manual...in understandable English!

I'll let you know initial impressions soon. After I get a feel for it, I'll post my thoughts and send it on to some of the other testers (although I have a feeling I won't want to part with it).

Richard,

I’m waiting for you to start Selling them!

Thanks,
-Chuck

Well, I've had a few minutes to play with the light now, and here are a few of my initial impressions:

• This thing is tiny and light. I was actually surprised by how light and short it is.
  • I am not exaggerating when I say that the machining, surface finish, and overall fit and finish are as good or better than any Fenix or Nitecore light I've seen. Seriously impressive in this regard.
  • You can tell that a lot of time was put into this light. There are a lot of parts in this one that were designed specifically for this light---from the solid copper tailcap, to the driver, to the Noctigon button boot.
  • This is just my opinion, but the dedomed XP-G2 1D emitters in this one put out a pretty awesome and useful beam. The tint is also very good, especially for dedomed emitters. I took it outside and this thing is a beast!
  • The driver has a ton of different features. I'm just starting to get used to it now, but it seems pretty good.
  • The button has a lit RGB LED array. It can be used as a constant light, as a beacon, or it can be turnedoff (unlike the MM15!!!). This is more useful than most, because it shows the current battery state.
  • While this light has thermal management, it isn't set very conservative. The light can get pretty hot on turbo before it starts to ramp down. If you're holding the battery tube you'll be OK, but the head gets pretty uncomfortable. I think that most flashaholics prefer the management to not be too conservative, but a few of "the uninitiated" may think that it is getting pretty hot!
  • Because it's a boost driver, there isn't infinite dimming, but there is a good range of modes. Here are the OTF lumens I measured (dedomed XP-G2)
    • Moon: 1.9
    • Low: 107
    • Mid: 756
    • High: 2901
    • Turbo: 6458
      • Of note, the Turbo output only dropped about 50 lumens after 1 minute. This is unusual and is obviously due to the boost driver. The output in all of the modes is remarkably consistent.
  • Throw is visually very impressive for such a small multi-emitter light. Again, I think that the dedomed XP-G2 may be the one to get here, but I'll have to see one with the XP-Ls to compare against. I measured about 73kcd. That's pretty good for a light like this!

Anyhow, I'm going to play with it for another day or so, take some pictures, then send it on.

That sounds awesome!

A compact light that can go from 1.9 - 6458 lumens is very impressive. I can wait to get one. I just can’t decide which emitters to go for! Definitely leaning towards the Nichias at this stage though.

73Kcd, a flood flashlight with more throw than a 3A driven C8, that must be a first for small flood flashlights.

And it lights up entire areas at that intensity---no kidding. I am really falling in love with these dedomed XP-G2 emitters in here. I went outside for a short walk with it again and they really are fabulous. Hold down the button for instant turbo and light up entire swaths at a decent distance.

I've had lights that would do this before, but this one is so stinking short.

What high drain cells model did you use?