New: Noctigon Meteor M43 ; in production New color added: Tan

Soooo, who’s gonna make a groupbuy?

I’m in for group buy!

+1

+1,000,000

Oh dang, it is SUPER SEXY!!! :open_mouth:

But each 18650 has to power three XP-L… I can imagine that the light output sag on the highest mode will be real fast!!

So sexy, even with voltage sag… GB if it is too much to ask?

Oh my! With the Nichia 219b’s, how can I resist? But it would be cool to see some beam shot comparisons between the 3 different emitter options.

Nichia = bright, floody beam

XP-G2 = brighter, floody beam

XP-L = is it morning? I swear when I look at my watch, it's 10pm!

XPL = is it morning? LMAO! Thanks for the colorful description Rod!

Wow! Awesome. Cool looking, i like it!

It is very nice, I love, I want one! :heart_eyes:

I call Dibs! Mewannyfirstone! :stuck_out_tongue:

sorry, covering some bases there…let it not be said that I didn’t chime in. And a little tribute to Foy. :slight_smile:

I really like the black on white color. Very unique. I want one just as pictured.

Group buy would be very nice for this is light, but I'm afraid I would still not be able to afford it. May have to sell one of my supbeams to fund this

I am in for a group buy, at least until the price is revealed, then I will be out :confused:

A turbo timer makes sense for a Mfg/Dealer. They need to protect the light from those people who will leave it on max till it fries and then bitch about poor quality. Happens all the time. I would believe this light will be under amped and that there will be a turbo timer. Only makes sense. Wanting it different, is called modding, which voids the warranty and releases the dealer of responsibility.

Actually a thermal sensor with auto-rampdown like in the Zebralight SC62w would be even better.

I agree that a thermal sensor is the best approach. I have incorporated one into the M6 Mod 2, Mega M6, and the new TK61 driver. That is the way I'd like to go on all of the "hot" lights going forward.

The turbo timer isn't great because from a manufacturer's standpoint you always have to set it for the "worst case" scenario. Warm climate, hot cells fully charged, etc. The temperature sensor compensates automatically for how hot the ambient temperature is, how full the cells are (heat production)., etc.

+1 It’s smart even for people who know what they’re doing.
I’ve accidentally left a hotrod light on far too long before even though I usually take great care to avoid that. When a light can get to >90degrees on the outside without depleting the batteries enough to limit itself you simply need something in place as a safety cutoff.

A well adjusted safety turbo rampdown is always a good idea.

The Zebralight SC62w’s thermal rampdown has something like 50+ different steps. When it starts to rampdown, it’s so gradual it’s not visually noticeable. It doesn’t just rampdown to medium. Really a great way of doing it.

Manufacturers have to be conservative with cut-off temps too. That Zebra isn’t a very “hot” light. I suspect this light would hit the zebra’s cut-off temp very quickly.