New: Noctigon Meteor M43 ; in production New color added: Tan

Get the Supbeam X60M super bulky flashlight, 276mm long with a 108mm head, for more cash. :)

Yea, but you can't put it in your back pocket..

I like the Acebeam k40m quite a bit… Except that it’s so bulky. I can’t imaging having to lug this beast around at night. I don’t know how anyone is going to go back to one of these style of lights… When you know that the meteor fits in the palm of your hand . I’m sure the x60 out throws it a bit… But still… I dunno… The problem with me saying this… Is that now it’s going to be that much harder for me to get a light now.

Yeah that does, but as you have seen I was talking about the X60M, not the X60, the one with rated 10000lumen output.

69000cd rating for the X60M, by ratings alone these should not out-throw the XP-G2 S2 1D dedomed version, rated 70000cd and tested at 73000cd by RMM, should only out-throw the other versions, like the S3 3C. So for that matter is very impressive excluding our personal preferences.

At any rate the X60M was a success and many people on the forum bought it, not only that but you can literally buy it locally across the globe, meaning thousands were made and sold.

I rather like the idea that I have one of the first of a limited run of 300. Wish they were serial numbered as such. But then, I am Custom, I’ve always liked one-offs or the oddity so I tend to shy away from mainstream offerings.

I am finding a discrepency in the Meteor UI. A simple one, but still. The RGB switch was continuously glowing and I couldn’t get it to turn off. Indications were that a quick 3 presses toggle the off-time battery monitor but that wasn’t doing it, nor did it do it on the sample I saw. Seemingly, it takes an extra press to get that action, and I found this also true on selection of the UI level. If it says 11 clicks accesses it, then I found it took 12. This means that I find myself operating the light in a mode I didn’t intend and unable to get out of it because I’m “following instructions”. An extra click does it.

Is this just me? Am I doing something wrong in that respect? 6 clicks locks it out, like it’s supposed to. 5 clicks makes it bicycle strobe, as expected. But 2 clicks and hold makes for high or Turbo, not On/Off of the button. 4 fast clicks gives me a battery indicator as expected, but it’s 4 fast clicks and hold that disables the RGB button when off, not 3.

With my memory, the UI is very complicated to begin with. Having to fudge an extra click here or there is just another thing to adapt to.

I have a Canon Pro level camera, very complicated to operate for top level reasons… ensuring no mode is accessed accidentally or no function is switched, turned off, or otherwise changed, without intentionally going there. (Most functions take both hands, pressing two different buttons simultaneously or even 3) So I know that experience, daily use, is what makes for a smooth transition to this kind of equipment. In other words, USE IT! Familiarity breeds expedience. :wink:

This is one of those well designed devices that makes the mind grin, the sheer weight of it for its size and it’s surprising output just makes you giggle and want to play with it. lol That said, why the heck does the sun come up so freakishly early!

Indications say "3 Fast Clicks and Hold" and for the UIs is the same, "11 Fast Clicks and Hold".

EDIT: "6 Fast Clicks" to lock it, this time there is no Hold indication.

Could you test UI1 and see how long it actually takes to activate turbo? I wasn’t able to get it to hold even after a 6 second press… Hank said I wasn’t probably waiting a full 6 Mississippi style seconds.

A full 12 seconds still doesn’t have Turbo lock on.
Not from on mode nor from off mode.

4 fast clicks from off gives the emitter flash battery level indicator.
4 fast clicks from off with a hold on the 4th toggles the RGB off-time. Not 3.

A single click goes to low which can be set to moon with a double click and hold. A double click goes to high, which can also be toggled to med by a double click and hold. A long press goes to Turbo but it’s got that soft start feature so it sort of ramps up to turbo. If you keep holding the button it steps down through the available modes. Continue holding and it steps back up through the modes (this could be confused with a ramping action but it’s more a step with soft start leading up to each mode level. It can’t be stopped at just any position in that apparent ramping, only on one of the preset M-L-M-H-T modes. I know this isn’t what they’re saying, but it’s what I’m seeing.)

I guess I’m spoiled to ToyKeeper’s 64 levels that are obtainable at will.

Man, every time I pick this one up it’s a surprise! It feels like a chunk of Tungsten or something! Can’t get used to that, love the he out of it but it’s so deceptive!

Edit: 20 seconds still doesn’t lock the Turbo

Edit: 30 seconds on my watch and the light is hot, Turbo still doesn’t lock.

Hank suggested that I manually reset the interface to UI1. While 9 clicks and hold did nothing, 10 clicks and hold gave me the flash indicating a change and now it does, indeed, latch Turbo at 6 seconds! :slight_smile:

Thanks Hank, appreciate the hand holding. I’ll probably need more while I figure this out. Still though, LOVE IT! :bigsmile:

I really would like this light.. but why can`t they just make an easy UI edition.. besides this complicated UI edition.

4 modes (and turbo) a hidden strobe and be done with it.

Daddy always said about buying new cars: “Don’t ever buy them when they first come out - Wait until they get the Bugs out.”

As for me, I’m going to be waiting until they produce a model that has only one UI. - One that goes L-M-H-T. No memory, but the option to ramp either way with a Click or Long Press.

like this one from RMM: (bottom of the page)

http://www.mtnelectronics.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=80&product_id=355&sort=p.price&order=ASC

“The Circle of Light” = Perfect!…For Me.

Thanks,
-Chuck

Cant someone just write another code for the Atiny85V and flash it?

Sure they can Chibi, and while they’re at it they can re-design the Li-ion so we can have more, longer lasting power. :wink:

Entry level. This is the beginning. And what a beginning it is!

Thanks! Hank told me the same thing as well. I had thought I was in UI one but I guess I wasn’t? The problem with pass around reviews is that you don’t have enough time with the light. Unfortunately this is light you need to spend time with to fully understand the UI.

You would buy if would be different, stripped of most of the features that give you control or options.
At that point you have the MM15 and TN36, stripped of all the extra, those are available already and can be purchased. I mean there good flashlights out there that do just what some wish the M43 would do.

yes.. and thats one of the reasons I dont like difficult UIs..

because I don`t spend "much time" with 1 light.. I have different kinds of lights, and I used the simplest lights most often.
Sunwayman V11R, click on, turn the dial to change brightness.
A copper triple sinner with 4 modes... click click click.
Another $1 twisty light in the bedroom.. on/off.

oh, and I forgot the Acebeam K40M.. works the same as the SWM V11R.

Most people don`t spend much time with only 1 light. And after a few weeks, you would probably have forgotten about it. Unless you use it for work..
Something like the Imalent lights.. so complicated.

Not good for tactical use... nor for first responders, nor for emergency use.

Give it to someone else, and people have no idea how to use it.

I love my Sunwaymans ;)

Every time I read something about how complex the UI is, I become less and less excited about buying one of these. It's sad because everything else about this light is a dream come true. Hank, are you listening?

Those 3 UIs in the manual are for the customers to choose their favorite UI,
not to keep switching between each other which does look complicated though.

You just choose your favorite UI, and even forget about there are other 2 UIs in the program.
I believe when you get used to one UI, it’s quite simple, even simpler than the old cycle style UI.

I just shoot a short video to show how to on/off the RGB back light, lock/unlock the light,
and enter into the UI1, lock the turbo mode in UI1. 3 clicks is 3 as indicated in the manual, 9 is 9.

Please excuse my poor English and rough background.

Thanks!
Hank

Thanks for the review Hank!

highly appreciate your work!

but the clicks just drive me crazy.... click 3 times here, click 6 times there...

click 9 times for UI..

hold button for 6 seconds to lock...

those things are too easy to forget!

Maybe UI3 is the best out of the 3... but still flashing the firmware would be better..

This light just is like a toy.. for playing and showing off.. but for normal use.. its just too complicated.

why don`t you get a "simple version" for people with bad memory... Dale? just kidding. Marco! yes... my memory is not that great!

still interested in the output and size though.. not the UI

This lights UI might be OK if it is your Only light and you use it Often.

Not for me…

Thanks,
-Chuck