New or other names for the LumiTact G700 flashlight

Yes, I’d like to feel macho and invincible but that Gladiator thing doesn’t do it for me.

I’ll hang on until The Terminator flashlight hits the market.

Beware — the crap merchants are now sending email (or the malware spreaders are using it as clickbait)

The mail I got had this text (and suspicious URLs behind it which I did not touch)

t6063-t6 aviation aluminum=melted down scrap aircraft.truth in advertising.
color bin=hideous purple.

PS, this is flashlight hype being hyped at a pro level:
https://www.google.com/search?q=“Cade+Courtley”+navy+seal

His name is also being used to sell coffee.

Has this one been mentioned yet?? Lumify X9 Tactical Flashlight
:person_facepalming:

Actually the Gladiator already existed, it is a cool over the top P60 host by Solarforce, gloriously reviewed by our disappeared but never forgotten BLF member foy.

Disappointingly, Woot has a 1TAC model up for sale today. If you have a Woot account, post over there. lets keep anyone from wasting money on this junk.

for the record, the scamlight Woot features is:

Poor suckers.

Right, but they FEEL like they got a great deal ’cause it is 84% off the MSRP of $224.00!

:person_facepalming: … “Poor suckers” is right. :frowning:

Just saw this one show up as an ad on BLF, the TacLight 1100.

:person_facepalming: … Wow, the restate the above by hank…. poor suckers. :frowning:

There’s a sucker born every minute. Sad, isn’t it.

^

It sure is………… :frowning:

I found one of these. Since it was not working I took it apart. It had a bit of water in it and after drying it started working again. The thing is because of the zoom function the light can’t be made waterproof. Zooming out sucks air out of the battery compartment through the electronics. Then the air flow reverses and sucks water back in through the electronics, Water gets between the LED and Lens through the gap where it zooms. I keeping it and have put a shrink fit inner tube over the gap. Still I’m care full with the zoom.

Bring out the judge and the jury because I’m guilty of buying one of these:

I think this is probably the same as the flashlights described in this post.
Now I bought this more out of curiosity that anything else, and got it for $6.99 including postage.
I didn’t expect much for that price, but I was interested because it can take one 18650 or 3 AAA batteries, which is good.
It also has the zoom function which is a novelty. I never expected the 2000LM that they claimed, but it’s adequately bright enough for use around the house. For the price it is well made, and I doubt that I could buy anything equivalent to this in a walk-in store in Australia.
At our local home/hardware stores or K-mart type stores, you would get a plastic torch for this price, and certainly not 18650.
No regrets for this price.

I had to laugh at Teacher’s post about the Lumify X9 Tactical Flashlight….
“Upon receiving 4 Lumify X9 Flashlights, we could already tell by its packaging that it was a serious tool. They came in protective cases similar to a gun.”
……Packing it into a gun case makes it a lethal weapon!!

“It had 5 total settings including the powerful ”strobe mode” that everyone loves.”
……Everyone who loves discos??

“After playing with the light for a short amount of time, it became obvious why so many people are buying these.
……”Playing” with a weapon of mass destruction? - you’ve got to be joking!

“This is not a flashlight you want to be caught on the receiving end of!”

Fine, guilty. :innocent:

Now that’s out of the way, nothing wrong with buying a light like that at a cheap price. The reason this thread exists is because there are some companies that prey on the unenlightened with claims of greatness for this type of light and sell it at over 10 times the price.

Yes Alienon2wheels, too true,

Before I bought my first flashlight I saw all these crappy “10 times the price” flashlights on eBay and other websites.
I suspected they were a bit dodgy due to the rubbish features they were claiming like the ones I mentioned before.
I was wise enough to find this forum where I got good advice.
My first flashlight I bought was a Convoy C8, then a BLF Q8, then a BLF A6 and some more…!!
I am extremely happy with all of those.

“We noticed that many Americans will buy anything advertised on late-night infomercials.
If you can sell them a tactical flashlight at 3AM, you can sell them an entire worldview.”

“In normal times, this cartoon might feel a bit like a cheap shot, but in today’s America,
it’s unfortunately more like an accurate description. Incredible numbers of people have
come to believe utter falsehoods, helped along by a roster of moneyed villains. Raising
the accuracy and intelligence of our various media would certainly help, but we also
need to solve the gullibility problem. Don’t ask me how we’re going to do this.”

’Well, you start by encouraging people to check the accuracy of ads about something they know. Like flashlights.

Or knife sharpeners: https://www.ksat.com/inside-edition/can-bavarian-edge-knife-sharpener-really-turn-credit-cards-into-blades-inside-edition-finds-out

Yeah, I don’t quite “get” that one.

Seems that the harder you press down and push the sharpening surfaces apart, the angle becomes wider and wider.

Barely touch the knife to the surfaces, and you have a nice sharp angle.

Press down so the movable “arms” spread apart, and you’re probably tripling the initial angle.

Unless I’m missing something…