【New Product】XTAR VC2L Charger

Glad to share this new VC2L released online! For xtar official retail store only. Based on VC2, this new VC2L charger can charge all popular 3.6V/3.7V Li-ion batteries, also 1.2V Ni-MH batteries. And it has extended slots, compatible with protected 20700/21700 batteries. With upgraded popular type-C input, you can charge anywhere. 2Ax1/1Ax2/0.5Ax2 are available.

View more on website: XTAR VC2L Charger_ShenZhen XTAR Electronics Co., LtdShenzhen XTAR Electronics Co., Ltd. - XTAR originated in 2006, is an electronic technology company integrating research and dev

Looks great. Where can I buy it? I can’t find it on any of the official stores linked from the product page.

Was it so hard to include a voltage that shows the actual values, instead of this half Ferris wheel thingy?!

Up to what length batteries can it take? I’m looking for a charger for 26800 unprotected cells.

That would be great!

I have avoided every Xtar charger since the VP2 because of this, I understand that they want to make it easy for the average consumer to understand the charge state, but it is pointing at the voltage ANYWAYS, might as well just display it? it makes no sense…

I also understand very well why it should be easy for the average consumer. However, the average consumer doesn’t buy Xtar, they buy Eneloop or whatever dumb charger. If you’re buying an Xtar product, you’re at least somewhat aware of how batteries work.
Not to mention instead of wasting so much space, they could have incuded both voltage read, say 3.85V, and percentage full - nothing is easier and more recognizable for the user than seeing 58% (example).

While we’re expressing charger annoyances, most chargers have charge current steps which are too large: 1A and 2A options but no 1.5A option. Some high capacity cells are sensitive to charge current and too high a current can significantly degrade the cycle life.